What's new

How do I escape Ares' unblockable reset combo?

I've come across a few Ares using a combo ending with a hard knockdown that lasts long enough for the unblockable god smack to be used, which is then meter burned to prop me up for more damage.
I hear that certain wake-ups on certain characters will have invincibility frames which will survive the god smack and let me start a combo of my own.
Any idea what wake ups will do this or any advice on escaping the reset in general?
I main catwoman and grundy so anything for them would be great :)

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
I've come across a few Ares using a combo ending with a hard knockdown that lasts long enough for the unblockable god smack to be used, which is then meter burned to prop me up for more damage.
I hear that certain wake-ups on certain characters will have invincibility frames which will survive the god smack and let me start a combo of my own.
Any idea what wake ups will do this or any advice on escaping the reset in general?
I main catwoman and grundy so anything for them would be great :)
Just do a Walking Corpse Cancel, it has invincibilty frames if done has a wake up. But even if you don't get the wake up properties, it has armor so you can absorb the hit and punish with a combo.

For Catwoman, I'm not to sure. Probably the cat dash move since tht moves her away and has invincibilty (I think) as a wake up move.

Mt Mutombo

Banned
Wakeups.

I don't play grundy but yeah, wakeup with moves that have invincibility.

Or you could go into training mode, recreate the situation and try to get out, like i did with Ares', GL's reset, among other crap resets in this game. Now i don't fall for those dumb gimmicks.

Use ya head!

Just do a Walking Corpse Cancel, it has invincibilty frames if done has a wake up. But even if you don't get the wake up properties, it has armor so you can absorb the hit and punish with a combo.

For Catwoman, I'm not to sure. Probably the cat dash move since tht moves her away and has invincibilty (I think) as a wake up move.

If it goes the right way or the cancel comes out. I've had a few times where wake up wc walked away from an ares doing his reset. I typically will go for swamp hands because its invincible on wakeup and has armor if you time it wrong and leads to an easy 50% dont need to worry about the cancel not wanting to come out because ares is unthrowable during the unblockable.