What's new

Question How do I deal with Kung Lao?

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Its always the same. Low hat. Low hat. Try to jump over it? Dive kick. Low Hat. Low Hat. Try to trade projectiles? Oops cant, his recovery time is too great. Low Hat. Low Hat. Try to ex slide, blocked and punished. Low hat Low hat. Even if I get an attack in his wake up spin either gets me or gives him breathing space to carry on doing his moves. Its always the same!

I experience the same issue, especially online, but whenever I get in their face, Lao players tend to mess up more. Cross up is more difficult with Lao, so you need to play mind games. Mind you, I get caught with the hat tactic too, but if you play zero like johnny in this match up, I think you even out the playing field. Easily said... ;-)

Jedah

Fallen God
Hey Lyuben please use the Sub Zero matchup thread to ask these types of questions we will be glad to help you out.

Yea sub-zero can have a difficult time when lao decides to zone. all you need to do is block dash after you block the down hat. eventually he will be in a corner should he decide to back up with you, if he comes to you, great. most lao players dont know what to do up close, 90% of them spam hat, jump kick and spin. so just keep block dashing them to force a teleport off the wall or a jump, either way you can punish them at that point