What's new

How do I counter Kano's x-ray online?

JennyCage

t('.'t)
This might seem like a stupid question. Of course I know it's unblockable and that I have to jump away. The problem is VS a good Kano, he trains me to stay on the ground at all times for fear of upball, aerial balls and air throws. When I see he has full meter, I try to anticipate the x-ray coming up, but I never seem to be able to react to it in time online, and chances are if I jump in anticipation he'll just hit me with a ball of some sort anyway.

Help?

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Yeah, it's kind of fucked up. I used to do the same thing with him. When you see him glow red and lunge, just jump.

Somberness

Lights
Down 3 and even down 4s with some characters will make the xray miss, so if he has full meter you can make him waste it. Don't try any long strings, just go for some pokes and throws.

Massive Kano

Black Dragon
Down 3 and even down 4s with some characters will make the xray miss, so if he has full meter you can make him waste it.
Ugh. I know. More and more people online are figuring this one. Such a gyp. 41% is the most damage I'll EVER get to do at one time and I have to blow a whole meter for it. At least let me have that. :)

Then don't use the xray on them, if they can counter it they will. The point is just having it. That x ray scares people and makes them more submissive. Just having that meter is enough to change the pace of the game. So even they can counter it doesn't mean you have to use it and because they can counter it thats all there going to be thinking about. MIND GAMES.

On topic though, you should keep my above statement in mind, try to mind game them out of it. Try to put yourself deliberatly in a position where they think that shit is guarenteed, but focus on jumping away/countering it. A good Kano won't use it liberally, but if you force him to and your ready you can make him burn all that meter, and even though I am new to Kano, I think that his xray is unsafe on whiff.