What's new

How do DC Comics' readers feel about Injustice: Gods Among Us?

SRP

Noob
I think i'd be the reverse of alot of these people. I have been obsessed with this game and in the wait, i've started to read a bunch of DC comics. Never read comics before, and i might get some hate from comic readers for this, but the old comics and the art styles are just not good. I've really liked the New 52 stuff though.
I stopped reading comics in early 2000. The new 52 brought me back in to reading comics. My taste is across the board of publishers, but a majority of the ones I get are DC. There are some great stories from the past, but for ease of accessibility the New 52 reboot makes it easier for people to jump in without 40+ years of back story.

I stopped reading comics in early 2000. The new 52 brought me back in to reading comics. My taste is across the board of publishers, but a majority of the ones I get are DC. There are some great stories from the past, but for ease of accessibility the New 52 reboot makes it easier for people to jump in without 40+ years of back story.
yes the back story is a little daunting when you first go to get into comics, at least before the New 52. But even the artwork kept me from embracing it, I've recently tried reading Batman Knightfall where Bane breaks batmans back and i just couldn't. The artwork is so shitty in those older books. Then when I pick up Aquaman the Trench, its just beautiful, every page is amazing. I dunno, comics when i was growing up were always blah to look at.

Reactions: SRP

Reedoms

Noob
yes the back story is a little daunting when you first go to get into comics, at least before the New 52. But even the artwork kept me from embracing it, I've recently tried reading Batman Knightfall where Bane breaks batmans back and i just couldn't. The artwork is so shitty in those older books. Then when I pick up Aquaman the Trench, its just beautiful, every page is amazing. I dunno, comics when i was growing up were always blah to look at.
Well, the 90's isn't exactly the best place to find art in comics unless you're reading Dark Horse or Vertigo stuff. That whole period had some pretty shit art.

Reactions: SRP