What's new

How did u find your main ?

I'm going through the first level of character towers one by one to see who it is that clicks with me. So far, Sonya and Scorpion feel the best to me, but I just like doing Liu Kang's bicycle kicks so much.

By trying out all the characters. Kitana is usually my main, and that's no different here. I've also been maining Baraka, Jade and Noob Saibot.

HAMMER

Noob
I used Shao Kahn the first day to just test how the game was. Then I realized he was neutered into a non-boss like Goro in MKX (lame). I have been using Kabal since.

I just want a character that isn't too complex and is on the stronger side.

Which is why I liked mained Shinnok (Imposter/Bone Shaper) / Kung Jin (Shaolin) / Jason Voorhees (Relentless) in MKX.

I want a character that is in the upper 25% tier list wise; but, without tough execution like Sonya Blade in MKX.

Can anyone help me find a character like this?

Kabal is cool, but I'm not sure if he fits my preferred way of playing.

I might want to test out Noob Saibot.

Baraka was my favorite character in mk2 but was a total jobber in mk9. Hes back and is actually really fkin good. I looked at his frames and liked what i saw. Its been fun so far

I wanted to use shao but damn his fastest starter is 9f and he is just so slow and negative on everything >.<

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Originally a Sub Zero main, but his variations are like half good/half bad. The half bad abilities are those that make me stay away from him. Wanted to check out Frost, Cetrion, Kabal, Kollektor, and Geras. Turned out that I like Frost the most. Her long pokes, her setups, and her beauty won my heart over.

I always go for those who are viable for the matches. The difficulty of the combos are irrelevant, because I can do even the hardest combos ever.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
For me it's more than combos I can instantly pull off. I pick 3 characters for competitive play and at least two for fun.

For competitive characters I choose based on certain criteria.
I'm a rushdown and setup player so I look for the following in my mains:
1. They need good pokes, good advancing mid, fast starter and a decent opener either 50/50s or plus on block or moves with pushback stagger or moves with different number of hits.

For my setup characters I need at least good D4, keep away strings, something to get the setup tool out safely like push back, cancelable specials that have set play like Cyrax bombs. Kabal is a good example of a blend between rushdown and mid range set play.

And I usually get one character who is polar opposite of my mains like a zoning character with mainly keepout tools like Kollector, Cetrion, Jade.

I haven't found my main yet but my favorite is:
Kotal Kahn
Sonya
As possible rushdown mains and
Cetrion
Jade
As my possible space control mains but these characters feel like they are missing something?
Kotal can't get out his Sun Ray, Ground Slam or Totems safley. Otherwise he would be my absolute main and if he had Kahn-cut asbase move I'd be in love with him

But yes I have to also like the look of the characters too.

My best advice for those struggling is to find one character they like aesthetically then find one with the tools you need, I'm playing characters I never thought I would in 11.

Snake Sound 222

Tonight, Tarkata feasts
Childhood memories and horror movies.

When I was in elementary school, my dad surprised me with Deception. I had never heard of Mortal Kombat before, so this was my first exposure to the series. I remember seeing a guy with arm blades, spikes, and really sharp teeth and thought he looked really cool. I went to the character select screen and saw that he was Baraka. Baraka quickly became my favorite and I played him the most. I fell out of MK after some time and wouldn't come back until the KP2 trailer for MKX. Seeing so many horror icons (mainly Alien because it had Baraka's traits) got me back into MK and I purchased MKXL when it launched. I played it for around a year and half until I stopped because of other games I wanted to play. Baraka being konfirmed for MK11 only made me want the game even more.

sgZick

Noob
I played through the story then played through classic tower on easy with each character (also doing the character tutorials before each round). I then take notes on who I like, or better who feels intuitive with me. After that I take the couple of chars I liked most during that exercise to the lab and take a deeper look at the frame data as well as reading the specific discussions on them here in the forum.

Now on top of that there is one other must have, my main must have one special move that i absolutely love to throw out, everytime it connects I will smile. Like those:

Cyrax (Buzzsaw)
Green Lantern (Lift)
Goro (Punchwalk)
Wonder Woman (Shield Bash)

Since none of my mains of MK9/MKX are in the roster, I currently stick with Jade and Sub Zero. Jade felt best to me in regards to her toolkit and playstyle, but she is very unsafe. Sub Zero is just very easy to pick up and be good with. Not final yet, testing a couple of others, like Skarlet and Kitana...