What's new

Match-up Discussion How are you winning the Killer Frost matchup?

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
As far as I'm concerned killer frost is broken. You are forced to play her game everywhere on screen at all times, every character is.

You have to block slides and then out guess her. That's really the only way.

Jump backs / neutral jumps on anticipation of a slide are ok but not something to rely on; if you're not spaced and timed just right you might end up getting caught anyway.

block low db1
What?

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Frost main detected.
lol I actually main GL but I liked Frost on day 1 and now we can't change our sigs.

Anyways, yes, she's pretty messed up. You need to space her properly so that all she can do is throw unsafe icicles or do her kind of unsafe slide and try to eat her amazing j3 with some MB f3s. You want to spend most of your time blocking low against KF and try to bait a slide or jump-in. Her slide is only -4, I wouldn't expect that to be the same number after the first patch. I've been punished for slide before, though. Try to throw a b12 or b13 after you block it...on second thought I think LM is way too slow.

Ca$hFlagg

Online » Offline
lol I actually main GL but I liked Frost on day 1 and now we can't change our sigs.

Anyways, yes, she's pretty messed up. You need to space her properly so that all she can do is throw unsafe icicles or do her kind of unsafe slide and try to eat her amazing j3 with some MB f3s. You want to spend most of your time blocking low against KF and try to bait a slide or jump-in. Her slide is only -4, I wouldn't expect that to be the same number after the first patch. I've been punished for slide before, though. Try to throw a b12 or b13 after you block it...on second thought I think LM is way too slow.
Can't punish slide.
She can parry a D+1 after blocked slide for full combo.

Frostains complain that that's her way in. I'm fine with it being her way in but it can't combo too..having cake and eating it..

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Can LM be parried? If not, probably throw MB LM for a quick ~32%. After that she will respect that and you can start doing pressure to her after blocking slide. This game seems to be very much about making reads.

Dan

KomboMaker
After the slide, probably she will try to poke you with a d1.

Try a F+3 (MB). But if she only stays there hanging with crouched, go for the F+3.

If she stays in the air hovering, use LM. If she keeps far away, use the air version of the Oa's Rocket (don't try this very near because she can YOLO slide you for a full combo 40%+).

Also, don't try to punish her if you block her overhead kick (F+3). Just or dash back, try to keep her away from you.

Probably, the best range for you is at the mid screen. You can use your machine-gun to make a lot of cheap damage and fill you meter bar.

Tell me if you had any better results with the mentioned above.

FOR THE CORE!

Ca$hFlagg

Online » Offline
I feel the whole match hinges on how you handle her slide. If you don't block it, you lose.

If you do, congrats! Now you get to play a shitty guessing game where you are at disadvantage!

She can parry a D+1, meterburn a f+3 to your B+1 and blow up a naked lift harshly (i can do a 45+% 1 bar reset with her for punish).

I can handle her outside slide distance (which is 3/4 screen) but can't keep her out forever.

Dan

KomboMaker
You're right, it's just like KT Smith said, it's a 50/50 guessing game where she dictates it (YOLO Slide or F+3).

I know this kind of game sucks, but that's a NRS' fault. But, once you get the mind game of your opponent it makes it easier to win the game. You must be absolutely perfect on this match up, don't drop the combos and punish everything that is punishable, you need to take a lot of risks.

Once you start to get her game, you see the pattern in all the Killer Frost players, there's not many variations. I'm able to overmatch her by 7-3 most of the times.

I can tell you that I have much more problems playing against Aquaman than against Killer Frost.

Ca$hFlagg

Online » Offline
You're right, it's just like KT Smith said, it's a 50/50 guessing game where she dictates it (YOLO Slide or F+3).

I know this kind of game sucks, but that's a NRS' fault. But, once you get the mind game of your opponent it makes it easier to win the game. You must be absolutely perfect on this match up, don't drop the combos and punish everything that is punishable, you need to take a lot of risks.

Once you start to get her game, you see the pattern in all the Killer Frost players, there's not many variations. I'm able to overmatch her by 7-3 most of the times.

I can tell you that I have much more problems playing against Aquaman than against Killer Frost.
Great writeup.

What I believe is that KF could be our toughest match.

The KF match up is 8-2 in her favor. Green Lantern has to take high risk chances that get punished for high damage. Once people learn to fuzzy guard GL on wake up it might end up being 9-1...until she gets nerfed.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
all you have to do is pick superman and jump in the air and do his braindead eye lasers
I think KF and Superman is probably a 5-5 or close to it. KF shuts down his main pressure with her parry for a full combo into a 50-50 mixup. If they start doing their dumb eye laser BS, that is not hard to get around either to be honest and the damage isn't high enough to be worried about getting hit a few times before you work your way back into where you need to be. At full screen a KF should never be hit by any of Superman's zoning tools.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I'm starting to care less and less about this match up.

IDGAF I'll outplay killer frost all day, that's all.