What's new

Horipad for Xbox One and PDP Mortal Kombat X Pad on PC

Hi all,

I believe my HORI Xbox 360 Gem Pad EX is finally starting to die; it just conked out yesterday and while I was able to get it working, it took a bit of fiddling for my PC to properly detect it again. Tested with an Xbox 360 Wired Controller so I know my USB ports on my PC are fine.

I'm looking at replacement Controllers seriously now, and while the Xbox One Controller is an option, it's also pricier and since I might pick up an Xbox One in April 2017, I don't really want to spring that amount of cash on a Controller just yet.

Other options I'm looking at are the HORIPAD for Xbox One and the PDP Mortal Kombat X Fight Pad for Xbox 360/Xbox One.

What's everyone's take on these two pads, and has anyone tested them on PC; Windows 8.1?

I know the build quality on the PDP pad is supposed to be lesser, but the option of using it with my Xbox 360 is a plus.

Since my current HORI Controller works with my PC, I'd assume the HORIPAD for Xbox One would as well, but that I might need to download the Xbox One Controller drivers for my PC. How's the D-Pad on this Controller for those that have used it?

Thanks for the feeback!

I would avoid both controllers.
The PDP MKX pad will probably last a week before it falls apart.
The dpad on the HORIPAD is horrible. It has one of the worst dpad I have ever used.
I would stick with the Xbox One controller.
I know it will cost more than the other 2 controllers but the other 2 controllers have some serious issues.

I would avoid both controllers.
The PDP MKX pad will probably last a week before it falls apart.
The dpad on the HORIPAD is horrible. It has one of the worst dpad I have ever used.
I would stick with the Xbox One controller.
I know it will cost more than the other 2 controllers but the other 2 controllers have some serious issues.
Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated!

Really, so the HoriPad D-pad is poor? It's step back from the Hori Gem Ex Pad then, as that DPad is excellent?