What's new

Homelander Kombat Kast and Character breakdown

Today was the Kombat Kast for Homelander in Mortal Kombat 1. The Kombat Kast is a short show that NRS puts out covering characters, patches, and other things related to the game. This one broke down the next additions to the game in the character Homelander and Ferra Kameo. Homelander releases tomorrow for those with Early Access.

Drop your thoughts below!

Comments

Homelander seems like he’s going to be ridiculous. The full screen fck neutral dash attacks that also force you to guess made me turn off the stream, lmao. But maybe it won’t be as bad as I’m thinking and he’ll be mediocre. Regardless, can’t wait to try him out!

Homelander seems like he’s going to be ridiculous. The full screen fck neutral dash attacks that also force you to guess made me turn off the stream, lmao.
I always hold off on assumptions until I see the frame data :coffee: People were saying the same about Omni-Man, but he ended up having to play a lot of neutral against decent players.

I always hold off on assumptions until I see the frame data :coffee: People were saying the same about Omni-Man, but he ended up having to play a lot of neutral against decent players.
Which is why I said “seems” and also the very next sentence you edited out of the quote was “But maybe it won’t be as bad as I’m thinking and he’ll be mediocre”. If I wait until I see the frame data and him in action in real matches, it will no longer be a prediction or an assumption, lol

my hype is so low for this character I can not even be bothered watching the Kast..... at least we get a MK character next!
This is the first season I'm looking forward for Invasions, and I don't really like the mode.

Really cool of them not to mention or acknowledge that fire mileena skin in this paywall grindfest game full of terrible skins.

Homelander seems like he’s going to be ridiculous. The full screen fck neutral dash attacks that also force you to guess made me turn off the stream, lmao. But maybe it won’t be as bad as I’m thinking and he’ll be mediocre. Regardless, can’t wait to try him out!
My KK impressions seem to be so far accurate. SonicFox called him a “walking 50/50” but I guess a “floating 50/50” would’ve been more accurate. Also several players have found super dirt like the float in the corner being ridiculous for lockdown pressure. Tbh from the little I’ve seen and played, the only thing he’s lacking as of right now is reliable/consistently high damaging combos and his movement in general seems fairly awkward. Which, to me, that just seems like it’ll work out for Homelander in the long run and will just take some time getting used to.

Anyway, this is still extremely early first impressions. He feels really fun, however, I’ve NEVER been a fan of the constant “now you have to guess over and over” characters. But hey, it is still day 1, only time will tell