What's new

Question - Hollywood Hollywood Help

protools27

Rebel without a scene
So I have a dilemma. I really wanna pick up cassie, but have to work all night :( and won't have much time to play after I'm off either. So I was wondering if some of the great souls of TYM could help me out. Basically, I was wondering if someone could quickly post her overhead combo that ends in the vortex, the low starter that ends in the vortex, a punish combo, a corner combo, and a max damage combo. Nothing too major, (unless you feel inclined :]) but just something I can write down while at work and take home to practice ASAP. Thanks!

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
So I have a dilemma. I really wanna pick up cassie, but have to work all night :( and won't have much time to play after I'm off either. So I was wondering if some of the great souls of TYM could help me out. Basically, I was wondering if someone could quickly post her overhead combo that ends in the vortex, the low starter that ends in the vortex, a punish combo, a corner combo, and a max damage combo. Nothing too major, (unless you feel inclined :]) but just something I can write down while at work and take home to practice ASAP. Thanks!
There's a combo thread...

But here they are anyways:
MIDSCREEN

(10 frame advancing mid) b12~db2, RUN~212, b12~bd3 (27%) [restand]

(Low) d+f1~db2, RUN~212, b12~bd3 (26%) [restand] <N.B. cancel after second hit of d+f1>

(Overhead) f3~db2, RUN~212, b12~bd3 (27%) [restand]

(5 frame punish) 242, 33, f21~db2, RUN~b12~bd3 (32%) [restand]

CORNER

(10 frame advancing mid) b12~ db2, f2, 21u4, f34~db2, f24~bd3 (42%) [restand]

(overhead) f3~db2, f2, 21u4, f34~db2, f24~bd3 (43%) [restand]

(low) d+f1~db2, f2, 21u4, f34~db2, f24~ bd3 (41%) [restand] <N.B. cancel after second hit of d+f1>

(5 frame punish) 242, 4, 21u4, f34~db2, RUN~f34~bd3 (46%) [restand]

[MB the db3 for vortex]

Shady

Noob
Keep in mind, you don't really get a true Vortex unless you MB. The regular nut punch is basically just a restand that's roughly +3 frame advantage. It's still a good pressure tool to eliminate the wake up, but sometimes I wonder with this game not being like MK9 (no invincibility frames on wake up) if it's better to just let them drop.

One of the reasons I've actually made a conscious switch to Spec Ops (started as a match-up specific change, ended as my main variation), is that missiles let you control the screen and the wake up game so much easier and better than restanding.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Keep in mind, you don't really get a true Vortex unless you MB. The regular nut punch is basically just a restand that's roughly +3 frame advantage. It's still a good pressure tool to eliminate the wake up, but sometimes I wonder with this game not being like MK9 (no invincibility frames on wake up) if it's better to just let them drop.

One of the reasons I've actually made a conscious switch to Spec Ops (started as a match-up specific change, ended as my main variation), is that missiles let you control the screen and the wake up game so much easier and better than restanding.
If you end with a regular nut punch, you're D1 is guaranteed, which on hit also gives you you're 50/50, so now you have a mix-up of will they respect D1 or not.

Restanding lets you eliminate delayed wake-up as an option, so it's still a better option then getting a knockdown.

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh

Personally I prefer to restand them and be at +3, than having to deal with delayed wake ups, tech rolls etc.

Shady

Noob
Personally I prefer to restand them and be at +3, than having to deal with delayed wake ups, tech rolls etc.
Fair. I still end up using missile on knockdown and forcing them to guess and checking them with the gun. Big thing here is characters with wake up TPs, but that's the reads part.

protools27

Rebel without a scene
[MB the db3 for vortex]
Thanks man this is perfect! Really appreciate it. I saw the combo thread, but it seemed long and daunting, but now that I look yours were first anyway, so I apologize, but thanks for taking the time to post this.

redeyes

Button Masher
Thanks man this is perfect! Really appreciate it. I saw the combo thread, but it seemed long and daunting, but now that I look yours were first anyway, so I apologize, but thanks for taking the time to post this.
panic updates the 1st post in the thread with most of the combos.

hes really good at that lol.

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
You can use D3 after normal nutcracker on hit.

6f low that grants +13 on hit so an uninterruptable F3 (Overhead) or DF1 (Low) mixup (I tested this to be sure)

And once you condition them to do nothing after nutcracker on hit by frame trapping them and baiting their armoured moves. You can just go straight into the 50/50.

Or just burn a bar for ex nutcracker and go ahead with the 50/50 :p

protools27

Rebel without a scene
So I've been playing around with her a bit, you guys really sped up the process. How are you guys hitconfirming these mixup options? Seems like a tight window. But Cassie feels amazing, love the run combos.