What's new

HMK Episode 34 - Injustice 2 among us.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
We're back for what is officially the most on topic podcast in the history of NRS related podcasts :) There has been a lot of information and discussion about the next Injustice along with some Evo drama so we decided to get together and talk about that stuff.

Usual stuff is below. Hope you all enjoy :D

MP3 Version

Topics:

Start - Story trailer.
07:00 - Evo announcement and discussion.
18:00 - The Beta....
23:00 - NRS stream thoughs and key notes.

@TheGabStandard @Phosferrax @PND_Ketchup @PND_Mustard @ChatterBox @Undeadjim @st9rm @Scott The Scot @Youphemism @Paul the Octopus @UsedForGlue @PunkMafia83 @Klesk_1 @1man3letters @STRYKIE @SneakyTortoise @ENDeverMORE @xZoro @rubmytaco @Matix218 @The Bearded Dan @JustinXavier21

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Honest feedback - seemed like you guys weren't overly excited about the game (either as a casual fan or from a competitive perspective), which made it not very fun to listen to for me.

Last edited:

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Nice stuff

Will listen tonight

Also Joe make sure to get me back on one of the future shows to back you up while Phos and Jim shit on everything and you're left alone with Gab throwing in the old sneaky shades yo

But first get me in tags hahaha

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Honest feedback - seemed like you guys weren't overly excited about the game (either as a casual fan or from a competitive perspective), which made it not very fun to listen to for me.
That is fair. I can't speak for the others but for me it is a combination of the sour taste MKX left for me and I have just not seen something that has hooked me into Injustice 2 yet. There is still quite a bit of time to go and there is a lot of information to be revealed so I am hoping in time my feelings towards the game will change to a more positive light.

xZoro

War God.
I think I was just about with you until Bane got shown not long ago, now i'm hype as fuck.

Great stuff as always guys.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
At this point I'm just very much in the wait and see camp. As Gabe said MKX went in a direction that I really hoped it wouldn't and there is definitely some concern Injustice 2 will follow suit.

I really want the game to be amazing though. It looks great and from the story side I'm very excited for it. We were also very pressed for time for this one which made us go through stuff very quickly.

Appreciate the feedback though :)

xZoro

War God.
At this point I'm just very much in the wait and see camp. As Gabe said MKX went in a direction that I really hoped it wouldn't and there is definitely some concern Injustice 2 will follow suit.

I really want the game to be amazing though. It looks great and from the story side I'm very excited for it. We were also very pressed for time for this one which made us go through stuff very quickly.

Appreciate the feedback though :)
I almost feel now that it's the game's 'destiny' to do it's 2 years pennance, be sub par or stupid for its first 6 months to a year, and by the time shit gets fixed it's far too late.

From the beta game-play, the game looks amazing, but that was said about MKX when It was in its pre-release phases.

I can't get fully hype because of how both MKX and IGAU 1 have been, and the way NRS have handled the games during their life cycle.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Supergirl's trait is all her lasers, you can shoot them like six different ways between ground and air lol. The short burst-like lasers take off a portion of her trait, but you can instead spend her full trait and press trait+mb which does the Fulgore-like-hype-beam move (but although you press MB it doesn't cost a bar)

I'm actually confident about Injustice 2 so far, I'm liking how it looks. Supergirl seems like a bit of a problem right now with how many tools she has and how strong they are but obviously I don't want to say she should get nerfed or whatever since the game isn't even out yet lol. Batman seems a lot more lame which I like and I can't wait to get my hands on Blue Beetle when I can too.