What's new

HMK #24 With xZoro and UndeadJim

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Wow thanks for Team EU shoutout I'm chuffed

But if you want count it Phas has beating more in the online environment

Wasn't expecting my name to come up at all.

Now I'm no longer the Underdog :(

I haven't played Aixy but I would put Taco there, but again I never played Aixy and I prolly get destroyed by Aixy if the day ever comes
Same reason a lot people wouldn't pick me because they never played me

Thank you guys even just for the mention it made my day for just being considered

If @1man3letters coukd travel out you would say he's also a sleeping giant once he's in the right mood

Really good show overall as usu good stuff lads
Are u the Irish mantis guy they were referring to?

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
It's a shame cross Atlantic online play isn't really viable due to the terrible connections (not to mention that ps4 is region locked). It would be so fun to get some games in with you guys if the conditions were right.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
It's a shame cross Atlantic online play isn't really viable due to the terrible connections (not to mention that ps4 is region locked). It would be so fun to get some games in with you guys if the conditions were right.
Vice versa buddy

@zoofs try's to talk me into gettung a U.S. Copy lol

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Also damn, my music is in the bin already.
Just remembered that I forgot to put it in, I was very excited about exporting this because it's the first show ever that required zero editiing due to say hitboxes, keyboards, doors opening, people shouting, drinks getting knocked over and well you get the idea lol

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Good stuff as always. Too bad (although understandable) that the EU team is populated by mostly UK players and only a couple of others. There's other players who deserve a spot more, skill wise. I'd like to see players like Boba Grimes and Jupe get some love.
Yeah it is unfortunate, I am aiming to look more into the EU players as there is probably a lot of great players I am not aware of.

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
Good listen as usual, few things i disagree with that zoro said about kotal.

- said his armour isnt great, war gods armour is really good, not great in sun god.

- I think shinnok isnt a bad match up at all apart from necromancer. In bone shaper you can just chill out of the range of hellsparks, parry beam and react to unblockable, impostor isnt great as he steals a good move, but again you can chill away from harm and put sun beam up and tricky portal is pretty easy to react to with air grab. Sub is a very tough match up for blood and sun, but not as bad for war.

- Agree with his placement of the variations, war god is the best, blood and sun are very close but blood god edges it. Just having the threat of ex paddle is a game changer. Also alucard does just play sun god now and thinks its the best variation.

- After spending a lot of time on sun god I think you guys are underestimating it a bit, you can sit and charge the command grab and cash it out but people really shouldnt let you be doing that, most effective use is ex cash out to gain significant health back. The mind games are what sun god brings to the table, you can tick throw off s1, b1, d1, d4 and b14. the range on d4 tick throw is insane, with so many kotal players utilising 114 air grab for plus frames, s1 tick throw is rarely read as ppl arent expecting it. Its definitely a underutilised variation with some cool stuff.

Agree that kotal is just touching top tier, if youve got xb1 zoro add me , gt is jharris1993, would be cool to get some games in with a good kotal player in uk

xZoro

War God.
Good listen as usual, few things i disagree with that zoro said about kotal.

- said his armour isnt great, war gods armour is really good, not great in sun god.

- I think shinnok isnt a bad match up at all apart from necromancer. In bone shaper you can just chill out of the range of hellsparks, parry beam and react to unblockable, impostor isnt great as he steals a good move, but again you can chill away from harm and put sun beam up and tricky portal is pretty easy to react to with air grab. Sub is a very tough match up for blood and sun, but not as bad for war.

- Agree with his placement of the variations, war god is the best, blood and sun are very close but blood god edges it. Just having the threat of ex paddle is a game changer. Also alucard does just play sun god now and thinks its the best variation.

- After spending a lot of time on sun god I think you guys are underestimating it a bit, you can sit and charge the command grab and cash it out but people really shouldnt let you be doing that, most effective use is ex cash out to gain significant health back. The mind games are what sun god brings to the table, you can tick throw off s1, b1, d1, d4 and b14. the range on d4 tick throw is insane, with so many kotal players utilising 114 air grab for plus frames, s1 tick throw is rarely read as ppl arent expecting it. Its definitely a underutilised variation with some cool stuff.

Agree that kotal is just touching top tier, if youve got xb1 zoro add me , gt is jharris1993, would be cool to get some games in with a good kotal player in uk
I'm getting XB1, This week.
So will do.

I havent played too much sun god mate, so you know better than I do what it's capable of.
Honestly, my shinnok thing is just salt at mustard for knocking me into VSF losers Lol.
Thanks for listening :D Appreciate the feedback, cant wait for some games.

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
I'm getting XB1, This week.
So will do.

I havent played too much sun god mate, so you know better than I do what it's capable of.
Honestly, my shinnok thing is just salt at mustard for knocking me into VSF losers Lol.
Thanks for listening :D Appreciate the feedback, cant wait for some games.
cool man, im playing war god and blood god more now, theyre just better and more fun. the command grab animation gets a bit tedious after a while lol. look forward to playing you

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
@JTB123 i want in on some of da juicy juice...

team eu vs team us
1 foxy / djt
2 madzin / sonicfox
3 crathen/ mit
4 taco/ slayer
5 st9rm/ burgerking
6 xarakamara / wound
7 undeadjim/ michealangelo
8 phos/ reo
9 irishmantis/ lord brady
10 ?/ honeybee

the twins must fight it out for no# 10 spot cyrax vs sektor come triborg kp2 release (insert evil laugh here)

my top 10 atm inpo
1 liu kang
2 kung lao
3 tremor
4 cassie
5 tanya
6 quan
7 shinnok
8 jax
9 predator
10 johnny

Last edited:

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.

team eu vs team us
1 foxy / djt
2 madzin / sonicfox
3 crathen/ mit
4 taco/ slayer
5 st9rm/ burgerking
6 xarakamara / wound
8 phos/ reo
10 ?/ honeybee

the twins must fight it out for no# 10 spot cyrax vs sektor come triborg kp2 release (insert evil laugh here)

my top 10 atm inpo
1 liu kang
2 kung lao
3 tremor
4 cassie
5 tanya
6 quan
7 shinnok
8 jax
9 predator
10 johnny
That Cyborg duel for the #10 spot would be hype.

Can't say I disagree with Predator either, I think Sub was the one character who felt the easiest to switch when we were discussing it. Top tens are always tough as there's usually at least one or two characters left that can have a good case made for them being in there. I'm interested to see how this looks a year from now, always good to see how characters placement changes over time.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!

team eu vs team us
1 foxy / djt
2 madzin / sonicfox
3 crathen/ mit
4 taco/ slayer
5 st9rm/ burgerking
6 xarakamara / wound
8 phos/ reo
10 ?/ honeybee

my top 10 atm inpo
1 liu kang
2 kung lao
3 tremor
4 cassie
5 tanya
6 quan
7 shinnok
8 jax
9 predator
10 johnny
Wait a minute