What's new

Strategy Hitconfirming with Rain.

Hamzer-Siraj

What's a footsie?
Okay, so I don't know if this is known... but UsedForGlue posted a video a long long time ago, it's in his Rain Guide explaining hitconfirming with B2 EX RH. After a while practicing and looking at frame data I realized I could do this without meter.

You can B2 Non-EX RH cancel into 4RH. You can also go into 4, 3RH, but it's less reliable.

Now, what you're hitconfirming is the dash in. You can either dash in or dash out, if it hits you dash in and get 4RH (BnB). If they block; you dash out. Now if you dash out, you're still at good positioning, you're out of poking distance, you're into Rain territory (B2 range).

The timing is quite tricky at first, but like I said, you're hitconfirming the dash, just practice the timing on your dash cancel; you'll be good. Dashing the right way will be easy once you know the timing.

(I drop the end of the combo, but you get the gist.)

(UsedForGlue video)

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Theres no point using B2, just learn to hitconfirm 4 instead, if you do B2 on block and dash every time you'll just end up eating combos. Which then brings the game back to doing B2 RH or RH cancel. Why do that when you could just use 4 in the first place?

4RH is Rain basically.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Theres no point using B2, just learn to hitconfirm 4 instead, if you do B2 on block and dash every time you'll just end up eating combos. Which then brings the game back to doing B2 RH or RH cancel. Why do that when you could just use 4 in the first place?

4RH is Rain basically.
B2 is good off of bubble drops cause it starts up as they are falling and makes it much harder to armor through. Other than that i dont use B2 RH though. Its still +2 as well just like 4.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme

4RH is Rain basically.
so you playing mk again regularly or were you just trolling xarakamaka and swizzer with rain earlier? for the record ive always thought rain was really good but theres noway he beats my random ass nightwolf 7-3.if your playing regular again it'd be good to put the theory to the test.

Hamzer-Siraj

What's a footsie?

4RH is Rain basically.
Hmm, you're probably right. I was just hoping it was new and possibly useful somehow. Thanks for the feedback though, much appreciated.

SaJa

FH_FenriR

4RH is Rain basically.
Because if you keep doing the same pressure over and over, your opponent will read you and punish your RHc.
B2 is waterfall combo or slide, and may be RHc to grab or 4 pressure so most of people won't take the risk to poke your cancel. Also, some pokes can hit RHc, 4 but won't againt RHc, waterfall so they gotta respect b2, RHc.

Rain pressure should look like [b2, RHc], [4, RHc], [4, 3, RHc], 1, [d4, RHc], [2, 4], [2, 4, RHc], 1, 1, [1, 2, f4], [4, 3, RHc], [3, 3, RH], etc... you need to mixup as much as Jax if you don't want your opponent to follow the rythm.

Also, b2, ex-RHc, 4, 3, bubble combo is like JiP, 4, 3, bubble combo in term of damages.