What's new

Hit Sparks. How does TYM feel about them?

How do you feel about hit sparks?

• I like them. They should stay.

Votes: 26 74.3%
  • I don't like them. They should go.

Votes: 9 25.7%

• Total voters

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Did you see those sparks that appear every time you hit an opponent with a move? I have barely seen anyone mention them, and since they are a new thing to MK, I thought I would ask how do people feel about them.

Personally, I hate them. They distract me from the clean and beautiful aesthetic of the game, like visual noice. It is not something that ruins the game for me, but I strongly dislike them.

So well, what are your thoughts

CallMeTetris

draxx them sklounst
I'm fine with them, if anything i wish they were a little bigger/brighter than they are now. As mentioned they're a hit confirm tool, seeing hitsparks/blocksparks just registers in my brain a little stronger and more instinctually than "is this character in a block stance or is he in a stumbling animation"

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
My feelings on this are:

1) They're not gonna stay or go based on a forum poll, they're in the game

2) What is the next feature we will find to pre-complain about?

3) This is getting kinda ridiculous imo.. Let's just relax and wait to play the game

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I'm fine with them, if anything i wish they were a little bigger/brighter than they are now. As mentioned they're a hit confirm tool, seeing hitsparks/blocksparks just registers in my brain a little stronger and more instinctually than "is this character in a block stance or is he in a stumbling animation"
I can see how they could be useful that way. I hadn't thought of that.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
My feelings on this are:

1) They're not gonna stay or go based on a forum poll, they're in the game

2) What is the next feature we will find to pre-complain about?

3) This is getting kinda ridiculous imo.. Let's just relax and wait to play the game
God forbid people discuss a new visual element of the game. This is one of the most tame "complaint" threads with OP pretty clearly just asking people what they thought, and then giving his opinion.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
I think they're good... Really don't see how they'd be detrimental to the game in any way.
And yeah, hitsparks have been in MK ever since Deadly Alliance I think. Just so happens now they're more visible than ever.

E

Eldriken

I wonder if they'll help us see just how stupid NRS' hitboxes can be if it's as bad as Injustice, MKX and Injustice 2.

Maybe then NRS will be like, "Y'know...we should probably fix that."

I'll need to see the game 'up in muh grill' before I can make an assessment.

On one hand, I like the lack of hit-sparks, from the point of view of the more realistic look their absence inherently imbues strikes with.

On the other hand, a hit-spark-less game can really show up the janky hit- / hurt-boxes (*if anyone's ever played as / against Jason in MKX, and experienced his dashing clothesline 'magnetising' an opponent from the zenith of their jump trajectory, they will bemoan / laugh heartily at the potential issue cited).

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I don't mind them. What bothers me (just a little btw) is the big spark plus the slo-mo from the final hit previous to the fatality. But I'm just nitpicking, I really didn't even notice the purple sparks you all are talking about. :D

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I like them, they help cover some of the wonky looking hit/hurtboxes like a move that doesn't even look like it hit hitting and the impact of certain moves.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Hardly even noticed them until you pointed it out and even then they aren't terribly noticeable. (to me at least)

I'm all for em. Leave it in.