What's new

Hi TYM! New player here!

Hi TYM! I'm a new player hoping to improve my overall skills at MKX and also finding out what characters are comfortable for me and my playstyle. I will be stalking the forums (lol) for any type of advice i will get my hands (or eyes) on. I hope i will be useful to the community someday!

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
My suggestion for a new MKX player on TYM: The best way to use TYM is to love MKX and never forget to. Forget the assholes that never seem to stop griping about how broken MKX is compared to other fighting games. All of that has its place, but never to the point that it should make you forget how satisfying this installment of the MK brand is. So spread the love and its reception will maintain your passion - the most important ingredient in terms of improving your play level. So welcome to the community!

My suggestion for a new MKX player on TYM: The best way to use TYM is to love MKX and never forget to. Forget the assholes that never seem to stop griping about how broken MKX is compared to other fighting games. All of that has its place, but never to the point that it should make you forget how satisfying this installment of the MK brand is. So spread the love and its reception will maintain your passion - the most important ingredient in terms of improving your play level. So welcome to the community!
Thank you for this information! I always hear people talking about how they hate MKX and I always thought it was a pretty well polished fighting game.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Thank you for this information! I always hear people talking about how they hate MKX and I always thought it was a pretty well polished fighting game.
I think online skews a lot of people's opinion's tbh, when I play offline with my friend I love it all the time but online I have a love-hate kinda thing going on depending on the connection.

And welcome man! Feel free to add me for some Cage, Liu or Quan exp, I am from the UK though so we'd have to see how the connection is.

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
I hope you don't fall for the hype and pick your own lane,also pick up jax:DOGE

Last edited:

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Welcome to the club! Past all the salt and ranting is a site full of impressive guides and tech for each character and each variation. TYM is a gold mine for all things MKX. If you ever feel like playing Displacer Raiden, give me a holler.

Kingshootahz

Any variation in particular or are they all noob friendly?
Whoa that's just my usual marketing strategy of jax I never expect anyone to listen but yes they are all noob friendly even wrestler and don't believe anything anyone tries to sell you about his heavy weapons variation being the best its not, in fact don't even listen to what I'm telling you right now choose your own character and variation

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
Whoa that's just my usual marketing strategy of jax I never expect anyone to listen but yes they are all noob friendly even wrestler and don't believe anything anyone tries to sell you about his heavy weapons variation being the best its not, in fact don't even listen to what I'm telling you right now choose your own character and variation
I'm not sure how far into the game you are, but once you can start using special cancels, it opens up the game so much. That is the primary reasons people love Heavy Weapons Jax (imo), but you have to be very careful with him because he has several normals and kombos that aren't safe that really need to be in your arsenal. A safer character with special cancels would be scorpion HF or Johnny A-List.

Reactions: GAV

Kingshootahz

I'm not sure how far into the game you are, but once you can start using special cancels, it opens up the game so much. That is the primary reasons people love Heavy Weapons Jax (imo), but you have to be very careful with him because he has several normals and kombos that aren't safe that really need to be in your arsenal. A safer character with special cancels would be scorpion HF or Johnny A-List.
Hmm I'm pretty far in and I respect your opinion but I'd say jax doesn't really have unsafe normals in fact the guy is plus 80-90% of the time and the special cancels are waaaaaaay over hyped man when people like cage are always +10-15 and you're -4-5 to even -9 on your cancels but they look cool that's all I can say for it.where as every blocked string ending with the purple laser leaves you +7 or every blocked wrestler string leaves you in a tick throw I just don't like the cancel over hype its deceiving even tho I main heavy weapons

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Hey welcome to tym. I'm kinda new myself I joined maybe a little less then a year ago.

Never be afraid to ask for help a lot of ppl on here will run some sets with you. I thought the clans definitely wouldn't help, that they wouldn't waste time on mere mortals like myself but after asking around I play with some stb and khtc members which really helped step up my game and everyone else I've met here have been good people who will help you get better.

Definitely have to weed through the bs sometimes but there is a lot of info/tech on pretty much whatever you need to find

Nausea

Soul Ascended
Welcome man! You should pick up Spectral Ermac, he's secret S++ tier ;)
Add my tag if you wanna run a few games! I'm in Europe so hopefully the connection isn't too bad!

Reactions: GAV

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
is it wrong that i read this with an extremely sarcastic tone? lol

Welcome dude!
Aha nah that's fair. However, Inwas being 100% serious when I said it!
Anyone looking to level up will be meant with friendly faces. Its in character buff/nerf discussions where things tend to get ugly here.

I have no problem with the way things are here. Most of the time, responses are appropriate - and if they're not - they get followed with appropriate responses.

This site has a lot of nasty players on the sticks, but not nasty personalities - and threads generally police themselves. If someone speaks without knowing, everyone else generally sees right through it.

The hate for the site is sometimes a call for going back to the old ways, but that's rare. Most of the hate stems from the unknowing wanting to be heard without wanting to do their due diligence first.