What's new

Hi Res Images Released - Mortal Kombat Komplete "PC" Edition

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Not that you can tell a world of difference here, but with the announcement of Mortal Kombat 9/Komplete Edition to PC recently, Warner Bros has released a few hi-res screen shots. Mortal Kombat has been requested by the masses and it's finally and officially on its way on July 3rd through digital download and the physical copies to be released on August 2nd in Europe and August in North America.

Below are the images released, taken from Mortal Kombat Komplete "PC" Edition.

mk9pc1.jpg

mk9pc2.jpg

Source: Destructoid
Credit: EventHubs

Attachments

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
waiting patiently for this version .... will be the ultimate MK9 version, with better graphics , and hope to be the one to be used in future majors tourneys, hehe

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
That's not "high res"; that's a console port. A really ugly one at that. Not that graphics are everything but they may as well push the antiquated video card limits from the 360/PS3.

That's not "high res"; that's a console port. A really ugly one at that. Not that graphics are everything but they may as well push the antiquated video card limits from the 360/PS3.

Yeah if you look closely at Sub-Zero's face, it's heavily pixelated, but I guess that's due to the fact the image is zoomed really up close. Still, even if it's just a direct port, the modding possibilities will be endless and the multiplayer should be better thanks to Steamworks.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Yeah if you look closely at Sub-Zero's face, it's heavily pixelated, but I guess that's due to the fact the image is zoomed really up close. Still, even if it's just a direct port, the modding possibilities will be endless and the multiplayer should be better thanks to Steamworks.
I'm mostly interested in if the modding community will release an actual balance patch that can be accepted via the PC community and create a game that may last for a while. Vast improvements with the netcode and the additional of an actual training mode would be nice as well. If that can be achieved, I'll play it, if not...well...no thanks.

I'm also assuming that this game will be released via windows live, as again, this will be a pure console port. Windows live is a piece of shit. Steam alone should be sufficient for this but for whatever odd reason M$ forces you to use their garbage service paired with Steam.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I wonder how adamantly 360-only players will continue to insist we use the best available versions for our games come July..

Nah LBSH, even with all the bells and whistles of being able to access it through PC, it's still gonna end up with version specific issues lol

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I wonder if it'd be possible to have a KAK system.

Not so much full-in new characters but pick and match normals and Special moves MKA style.

Imagine this:

Special Moves: Kabal IAGB , Cyrax Net , Kenshi Spirit Charge and Kabal Nomad Dash

Normals: Cyrax 212 , Johnny Cage F33B3 , Jax F413 , Mileena D4 , Sonya Uppercut , Kitana D1 , CyberSub D3 , Scorpion B2

X-Ray: Kabal

BEST. CHARACTER. EVER.

St3v3n092

Back from the dead
If anyone finds someone able to mod the game and make a balance patch you let me know! I need to talk to him and make a few adjustments to my lil ol' shadow manipulator.
There has been a little bit of a modding scene for PS3. But hopefully we can some balances on the PC Version.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
I wonder if it'd be possible to have a KAK system.

Not so much full-in new characters but pick and match normals and Special moves MKA style.

Imagine this:

Special Moves: Kabal IAGB , Cyrax Net , Kenshi Spirit Charge and Kabal Nomad Dash

Normals: Cyrax 212 , Johnny Cage F33B3 , Jax F413 , Mileena D4 , Sonya Uppercut , Kitana D1 , CyberSub D3 , Scorpion B2

X-Ray: Kabal

BEST. CHARACTER. EVER.
Fastest rage quit ever, and I will be honest and say I would be the one raging like a bitch

I'm mostly interested in if the modding community will release an actual balance patch that can be accepted via the PC community and create a game that may last for a while. Vast improvements with the netcode and the additional of an actual training mode would be nice as well. If that can be achieved, I'll play it, if not...well...no thanks.

I'm also assuming that this game will be released via windows live, as again, this will be a pure console port. Windows live is a piece of shit. Steam alone should be sufficient for this but for whatever odd reason M$ forces you to use their garbage service paired with Steam.
No offence, but the game won't make use of Games for Windows Live, it will only make use of Steamworks. I'm fairly confident in saying that seeing that not too long ago the steam.db website had graphs accessible that showed the beta testers / developers of the PC version playing it via Steamworks, plus it also listed the achievements for the game as Steam achievements which they consistently updated over a span of about 2-3 months.

But, let's wait and see what happens, but I'm putting all my money on just a Steamworks based game. If they do implement the GFWL crap, I highly doubt I'll pick it up then. Steamworks all out or no sale.