What's new

Question Heya all - trying to pick up SZ

theWasyl

Reptile the other green meat
A couple of issues im running into when i do the 2,1,2 ice ball into b1,2 214 slide i dont know the spacing or timing on the move set. Sometime I last the last 2,1 but the 4 wifs and i get the dash but no 4. Can anyone help ? Also do I dash for the b1? or jump or half dash? any help would be appreciated

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
The correct combo is 212 dash/dash cancel b1 (whiff) 2 21/22 slide.

you can either cancel the dash to b1,make the full dash,and choose if you're more comfortable finishing it with 21 or 22.

theWasyl

theWasyl

im sorry im still also getting used to doing things i probably should already know but since im bad I dont. With a dash / dash cancel how does one simply acheive this.

theWasyl

2 things work against me when it comes to Mk. I HAVE HUUUUUGE fingers so sometimes my response time isnt where it should be. And I tend to over input stuff.... which drives me nuts, mainly because I do it instinctively so im trying to calm down on inputs and just press whats needs to be done. which btw is a pain in the arse trying to reteach yourself

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
im sorry im still also getting used to doing things i probably should already know but since im bad I dont. With a dash / dash cancel how does one simply acheive this.
When you land 212~freeze, you want to input the FF for the dash then(this is how I time it) once you see his back leg move forward input the b12. Seems tricky at first but once you get it, you'll never miss it.

Sent from Cyberdyne Systems

theWasyl

ok now to go into the lab and do this for hours... I must lvl up before I go back to Valley stream

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Welcome to Sub-Zero man.

That post confused me, so idk what combo you're trying, but the others here seemed to get it. Good luck

theWasyl

thanks Rob most def will maybe even tonight who knows gotta see whats up but i live like 45 minutes away so i will def be stopping by soon regardless

theWasyl

my game mechanics arent solid enough for someone like Kabal. I used to play Sonya too but I couldnt land some of here most difficult combos most of the time and my footsies is god awful. I do like Reptile, Ermac, and Sub Zero though

Honestly when I hit a 212~freeze I just dash in and 22~slide. It's not that much less damage anyways, and personally I don't use 212 midscreen all much anyways.