What's new

Hey people

Hey guys. Thought I would say hey. Name is Nick. Not sure if anyone from here is on the KLOV forums but I am also there. I picked up a Mortal Kombat 1 that was in a data east cabinet. Then picked up a black golden tee. Turned out to be an MK2 so I'm in the middle of that restoration. Should be done in a couple days, waiting a new kick harness because my mk1 board is a y-unit and mk2 is not. Been playing for a while now in MAME however I need an ipac so I can make a new joystick, Im using a hori DOA stick and it wont work in MAME32k. Plus I want a ded. MK layout.

My history with MK isnt as much as other 2d fighters, I grew up playing it on genesis and always wanted my own cabinet, I own a couple other games and have traded and sold others, never thought I would own an mk and im pretty stoked now. lurkin on this forum has taught me a lot, some of you guys are scary good. I hope to learn!

Here is the thread, not sure if you need a username to see it.
http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=144617
Mk1 board has revision 4.0 roms and turbo 3.1 roms which I havent played yet. MK2 is 3.1, Should be ordering a umk3 this weekend and maybe 4 if I can find one.

So yea thats about it!

wazz

Noob
welcome to the site. Nice arcade machines u got there

MK3FAN (member on this site) is also a mk arcade machine collector

X820

Noob
Hey Nick, welcome to the site :)

Nice cab you have there, these kind of projects are always awesome to do, no greater satisfaction then when you succeed.

Keep us posted on your progress man, really looking forard to that.

Good luck

mame*cough*marquees LOL

:p

what about mame marquees??

Did you mean for new sideart? That pic was before I got the cabinet at my friends house, the entire cabinet is uncovered now

yea there not faded, I got lucky there. I will have a ton more pics as soon as this monitor stops screwing with me. on my 2nd monitor, everythings rebuilt, still getting problems :(