What's new

Here's a feature I'd like to see in Practice Mode

MR.EVL

I am you
What do you mean load the real match? As in playing the match again and controlling your character? Yes, I know it's impossible :) If you mean just playing back the recording then its already a thing fortunately but I don't think the other one could be possible probably ever imo.
Maybe it's more realistic to hope for a character specific practice mode (not scorpion vs sub b.s), with basic to complex kombo strings, and tactics.
also, while learning a kombo string it would be mind blowing if they will implement UI that pops on screen whenever you launch the opponent to indicate the time window available to be pressing buttons, or something...I think I've seen something of that sort in SC4? DBFZ? I don't really remember.

It would def benefit peeps like me with a full time job and a business. I would be able to finally pick up more than one character without spending all my vacation days/sick days/weekends grinding the game :)

I'd like automatic "kasual" match-making while Training mode, as is done in SCVI, T7 (kinda) and was in SFIV. One of the biggest deterrents to playing online, is having to wait for matches / sitting in lobbies.

I made this suggestion before, it helps with your muzzle memory too. It would be nice if you could program the AI to randomly use its basic attacks and / or kombo attacks the same way you can set it up to use special attacks, except it should also use it without having to perform a reversal or a wake up attack.

Imagine being able to set the AI to randomly perform character strings followed up by a special move, you could learn every gap from every character much faster than you do now. It would be such a great quality of life, it would reduce a ton of unnecessary time spent in training mode that you can use to level up playing real matches instead.

I asked @16 Bit and @tylerlansdown about this on twitter a while ago, hopefully this is something they can implement with a patch if it's not in the game already.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Does anyone know if training mode has an option to do Krushing Blows without the requirements?

Like if I want to train with Noob Saibot's mid shadow Krushing Blow, do I have to throw 10 shadows every single time I reset?

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
Does anyone know if training mode has an option to do Krushing Blows without the requirements?

Like if I want to train with Noob Saibot's mid shadow Krushing Blow, do I have to throw 10 shadows every single time I reset?
If I remember correctly there is such an Option. 16-Bit is so fast in the menu every time that it´s hard to see what he does when changing stuff in the kombat kast but whenever he showed krushing Blows he did set an Option for it.

@Topic: For Honor uses such a System, you can select what attack Patterns the Opponent should use on you and they just randomly doing them incl. stopping mid-combo, feinting ect.

The 4-slot recording feature with random play should work like that just fine imo

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
He didn't though, in the past few Kombat Kasts he actually had to go through the motions to use Krushing Blows, mistiming counter attacks over and over until he got it. This could be a huge pain in the ass for labbing up launching Krushing Blows, especially stance based ones where you have to hit every other option first

My guess is there is some probability value you can alter attached to each recorded string (like in Tekken), so you would record the string with and without cancels or w/e and then set how often on a scale from 1-100 each recording should occur.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
My dream, probs will never happen but it would be soo good if we could do the following:

1. Record any match per our choice outside of practice mode
  2. Load the recorded match in Practice mode
  3. And lab the hell out of tough opponent tactics based on a real match you had and struggled with.
This can result in giving the player (casual mostly) more access and confidence to start playing online.

One can dream
Thats a really good idea. I hope that's a future option. I'm fine with 4 randomized record slots though.

LawAbidingCitizen

He didn't though, in the past few Kombat Kasts he actually had to go through the motions to use Krushing Blows, mistiming counter attacks over and over until he got it. This could be a huge pain in the ass for labbing up launching Krushing Blows, especially stance based ones where you have to hit every other option first
You could lab Krushing Blows with only what we have in mkx. Set AI to standing 1 over and over and D2/long range string into Krushing Blow.

I think Steve is more concerned about flipping through menus quickly instead of doing it right. They are on limited time and you can clearly see they are not prepared before hand.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
You could lab Krushing Blows with only what we have in mkx. Set AI to standing 1 over and over and D2/long range string into Krushing Blow.

I think Steve is more concerned about flipping through menus quickly instead of doing it right. They are on limited time and you can clearly see they are not prepared before hand.
The counter hit KB's are whatever, I'm more concerned with the more complicated ones like throwing 10 Shadows with Noob.

LawAbidingCitizen

The counter hit KB's are whatever, I'm more concerned with the more complicated ones like throwing 10 Shadows with Noob.
I think that one specifically can be done with any of his shadows and it doesn't launch. But I get what you are saying. Hopefully most aren't very hard and from what we found most are counters or wiff high punish.