What's new

Her Majesty's Kouncil Episode 5 W/ ENDeverMORE & Thegabstandard.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
The Kouncil reconvenes after a brief absence to go over the abundance of MKX news that has been coming out over the past couple of weeks. MP3, youtube and time stamps below. Enjoy :)

Next week will be a sort of farewell to Injustice episode and we're going to throw in some fun topics for awards as well, so feel free to post any ideas / questions.

MP3: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1dpqhxmwxooyp5t/HMK+Episode+5.mp3

Time Stamps:

00:00 Friday 13th stream recap.
05:40 Cage family trailer.
11:20 Region locking.
17:05 Thursday 19th stream recap.
29:00 Meter in MKX, impressions.
36:40 Kombat Pack reveal. #nobodygivesashitaboutTanya
57:10 Shaolin Trailer.
1:02:30 Friday 27th stream recap.
1:05:30 Fatal 8. ESL and Kombat Cup tourneys.

1:37:00 - Free style section

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Glad you're liking so far. Any feedback/suggestions for improvement are welcome

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Fuck you JTB, Fujin and Havik are hype! Bo Rai Cho is shit.

Kombat Pack is £25 which is a rip off considering it's $30 in the US which is £20. Add the whole "one place Goro pre order bonus" crap and you've got yourself a really shit time for the UK :(

Erron Black is cooooooooooool. I probably won't play him but if I did I'd play Gunslinger because Standoff Stance and Coin Toss are too swaggy. You're the first guys I've heard dissing Erron like that...

Liu Kang is meh. His X-Ray was different in that it was quite the beatdown but the actual cinematic X-Ray parts were also meh in my opinion.

I think Sonic will still do well, but I don't think he will do as well. People will actually take advantage of characters weaknesses/holes this time round (I hope) and explore matchups completely which won't make it so easy for him.

And JTB, for the love of god, Batgirl is not number 1 lol. Not with Aquaman and Martian and maybe even Zod around. Martian and Zod have 8-2s/potential 9-1s and Aquaman does very well against many characters. BGs best matchup is her one 7-3. If people did everything they could there wouldn't be as much dominance, he gets away with some things. I agree BG has one of the best, if not the best, comeback factor(s) in the game though which is why it's easier for her to make up a health deficit than other characters.
Crossup flying bat is blockable low by the way, no need to block forward. Still only an overhead-low 50/50 (unless she's doing the ambiguous J2 one after bola) :p

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
One thing I have to call someone out on, don't know who as I don't recognise the voices yet, but the person who was saying that post MK3 characters were garbage because they were pretty much copy and pastes of other characters and then said frost is cool because she's a female sub-zero, come on...

TheGabStandard

One thing I have to call someone out on, don't know who as I don't recognise the voices yet, but the person who was saying that post MK3 characters were garbage because they were pretty much copy and pastes of other characters and then said frost is cool because she's a female sub-zero, come on...
@JTB123 on blast?

@Youphemism Thanks for your post. The Erron Black hate was pretty strong lol. As I said I don't hate the character, I think he's alright. He was just the first character that didn't have a hook that makes me want to try him. Every other character has got at least one thing that makes me go "Damn, I want to go to training mode and see what I can do with this." At the moment for me, Erron doesn't have that.

Also £25 for Kombat Pack, I supposed better than £30

Last edited:

Klesk_1

RIP Grundy
the region locking thing, being postive about it.

with injustice, ps3 gameplay was always better, less laggy games and less people bitching on it. you had time and a place to test out your character. i moved to 360 once i got super comfortable. this is what 'ill do with mkx if i stick with it.

JTB123

That's a fair point but I'm mainly referring to the characters that are tweaks of ones that aren't in the games. Ones like Movado, Su Hao (can't remember how you spell his name), Le Mei and then you have the deception era ones which just looked like generic background characters. Also Frost had quite an interesting background story whereas those other characters did not.

Characters are always going to be a personal thing though, hell some people don't like Scorpion :eek:

@Youphemism I did say quite clearly that I think Batgirl is no.1 in a tournament environment, not overall placing in the game. If we're talking on paper, then I would give it to Martian probably. In a 2 out of 3 set Batgirl is extremely dangerous in ways no other character is.

Last edited:

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Characters are subjective for sure. Post MK3 characters had the problem of association with with crappy 3D period so even if they were solid characters, people largely didn't care about them. I for sure don't really care about Tanya, though she may turn out to be really cool.

I want to know how NRS went from making such garbage to what they did with MK9 and MKX. It's like a totally different team were involved, which they probably were to be fair.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
That's a fair point but I'm mainly referring to the characters that are tweaks of ones that aren't in the games. Ones like Movado, Su Hao (can't remember how you spell his name), Le Mei and then you have the deception era ones which just looked like generic background characters. Also Frost had quite an interesting background story whereas those other characters did not.

Characters are always going to be a personal thing though, hell some people don't like Scorpion :eek:

@Youphemism I did say quite clearly that I think Batgirl is no.1 in a tournament environment, not overall placing in the game. If we're talking on paper, then I would give it to Martian probably. In a 2 out of 3 set Batgirl is extremely dangerous in ways no other character is.
Yeah I get what you mean, it just sounded funny the way you said it.

Also, kobra is probably one of the worst culprits for that category of character, yet h also has one of the coolest back stories

Youphemism

Yeah I know, but I don't see how the game changes if it's in a tournament setting. Still the same characters and the same game...
What makes you think she's so dangerous in a 2 out of 3 set that's so different to a set of 10?

JTB123

Yeah I know, but I don't see how the game changes if it's in a tournament setting. Still the same characters and the same game...
What makes you think she's so dangerous in a 2 out of 3 set that's so different to a set of 10?
Mainly the mindgame aspect of tournament play. When she touches you in a tournament set, your life rests on guessing right two to three times in total, if you're wrong then it's lights out. Let's also not pretend her midscreen damage isn't great either, she can easily close out the silver bar with a single wrong guess on a bola taken into a max damage midscreen combo. She also has a superb meter game which gives her a significant edge in clashes. The corner carry on her vortex is brilliant and her vortex isn't situational either, she gets it off of everything.

Compare this to say a best of 10 set and you have way more time to adjust to your opponent and how they utilise the tools they have. When I play Phosferrax this comes into play a lot, we usually start out with one of us doing really well (usually him lol) but then once we've started to get in each others heads, it's a different story. The more games you have to adapt to your opponent and the things they like to do the better, because Batgirl forces you to play her game and her game revolves around very dangerous guesses; when you have two games with no rounds that puts a huge amount of pressure on you as the opponent.

Injustice is a very pyschological game due to these aspects, that factor simply doesn't exist outside of a tournament environment.

Youphemism

Mainly the mindgame aspect of tournament play. When she touches you in a tournament set, your life rests on guessing right two to three times in total, if you're wrong then it's lights out. Let's also not pretend her midscreen damage isn't great either, she can easily close out the silver bar with a single wrong guess on a bola taken into a max damage midscreen combo. She also has a superb meter game which gives her a significant edge in clashes. The corner carry on her vortex is brilliant and her vortex isn't situational either, she gets it off of everything.

Compare this to say a best of 10 set and you have way more time to adjust to your opponent and how they utilise the tools they have. When I play Phosferrax this comes into play a lot, we usually start out with one of us doing really well (usually him lol) but then once we've started to get in each others heads, it's a different story. The more games you have to adapt to your opponent and the things they like to do the better, because Batgirl forces you to play her game and her game revolves around very dangerous guesses; when you have two games with no rounds that puts a huge amount of pressure on you as the opponent.

Injustice is a very pyschological game due to these aspects, that factor simply doesn't exist outside of a tournament environment.
What do you mean "When she touches you in a tournament set"? When she touches you in casuals the same thing still happens. The character doesn't change, and if the mindset of the player does then that's on them. If people lose focus then it's noone elses fault but their own. I know how the character works, she doesn't change depending on how many games you're playing nor do her matchups. If you can keep your cool and use every option in the matchup then it'll still be hard but it'll be a little easier since she can't exploit those options any more without getting punished. If her tools were really that amazing then her matchup chart would change, but no, most of her moves are negative and/or punishable. Notice how Pig has a notebook on players and playstyles and characters, he uses that information well and look where it got him. He could beat Batgirl in a 2 out of 3 setting in a 5-5, why can't anyone else? It's on the player, not the character.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
What do you mean "When she touches you in a tournament set"? When she touches you in casuals the same thing still happens. The character doesn't change, and if the mindset of the player does then that's on them. If people lose focus then it's noone elses fault but their own. I know how the character works, she doesn't change depending on how many games you're playing nor do her matchups. If you can keep your cool and use every option in the matchup then it'll still be hard but it'll be a little easier since she can't exploit those options any more without getting punished. If her tools were really that amazing then her matchup chart would change, but no, most of her moves are negative and/or punishable. Notice how Pig has a notebook on players and playstyles and characters, he uses that information well and look where it got him. He could beat Batgirl in a 2 out of 3 setting in a 5-5, why can't anyone else? It's on the player, not the character.
OK.

Point 1. Fujin looks dumb.

Point 2. Where do you think batgirl is on your tierlist as a batgirl player?

Youphemism

OK.

Point 1. Fujin looks dumb.

Point 2. Where do you think batgirl is on your tierlist as a batgirl player?
1. Lol he looks a little different to what he did before but opinions are opinions.

2. 4th. I've never said she's any worse than that because that's just stupid.

TheGabStandard

Introducing Barbara Gordon the most polarising character in Injustice.

my brief opinion on Batgirl in tournament. Out of the top 5 she has the biggest fear factor because reasons. But that is also on the mind set of a player playing against the character and not the player sitting across you.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
#igiveashitabouttanya

also im a connection nazi so im not really arsed bout the ps4 region locking, even if they netcode is better than injustice, playin fgs cross-atlantic on consoles is going to cause lag and thats no fault of nrs

JTB123

Exactly what I said, when she touches you in tournament it means far more than casuals because nothing is on the line. Keeping your cool is very difficult, yes it is on the player but that does not make Batgirl any less dangerous. There simply isn't a character that gets the reward she gets when she hits you in terms of potential and her raw damage is still great.

And if you're happy with her being 4th that's fine, once you get into top 5 discussion I don't think there's much of a difference. We're talking about characters that are head and shoulders above the rest and Batgirl fits that description.

This was cool you should get more uk players involved there is quite a few of us
I would love to get more UK players on, that's the whole point of the show really but sadly I don't know everyone. If you know someone that would be interested in being a guest then by all means inform them of the show :)