What's new

Her Majesty's Kouncil Episode 11 W/ UndeadJim - ENDeverMORE

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Take the topic list with a pinch of salt this week guys, between Fisticuffs Cage and Jim's tremendous downplaying we got side tracked :) Usual goodies are below:

MP3 Version:

Topics:

start - ESL Fan Choice Tournament
16:00 - The Common Wealth Review + J.Cage Fisticuffs and how good is it?
57:00 - MKX Pot Bonus for ESL and EVO. 100k 50K
1:06:00 - Patch Notes
1:21:00 - TYM's Obsession With Buffs, Nerfs and 50/50s
1:28:00 - Should back dashes be buffed and/or block breakers?
1:41:00 - Moving on from your main, is it too early in the games life to declare your original choice a bad one?
1:56:00 - Anti airs in this game, are they bad or do people not understand them yet?
2:03:00 - If you could have a move from your main in real life what would it be and how would you regulate it.

JTB123

Is it me or is the sound a bit odd?
It was on this one yeah, tidied it up a bit in editing but really not sure what caused it. When editing it was mainly end and gab that sounded a bit static-y. Could just be to do with the mics or using Skype. I'm still looking for a better way to record this but haven't had much luck.

JTB123

I cannot stop laughing at Jay shouting at Jim about fisticuffs pressure this is gold.

It nearly makes me want to play the game again lol.
Jim is the master downplayer of the UK, fisticuffs in the corner is dumb :eek: I've started putting a little time into Cage after playing against him quite a bit recently, he's fun to use and when he yells "you got CAGED!" during speed bag I just can't help but laugh.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
My missus made me play cage for a bit for the "you've got caged!!!!" Sound effect.
Everything he says is so funny.
B1 2 repeat looks so dumb as well him just swinging his arms lol.

I know I am only a casual player at best for this game but I will make a prediction. It's a fairly safe one but I think we will see more cage players in top 8s globally.

Character has some great tools.

JTB123

@theGabStandard don't hide the laughter man, it's all in good fun :D

Cage will rise that's for sure, it's not just fisticuffs you have to worry about. He's a very strong character across all 3 variations.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
JTB's Scorpion downplaying in that Cage section is horseshit lol. I'm with Jim on this, Scorpions guaranteed chip, coupled with his continuous plus frames that DOESN'T end just because he's out of stamina (214 is still +5 after a dash cancel) is better, because:

1. The chip is guaranteed, there are no holes in it, but there is a gap after every backpunch in 'speed bag'.
2. On hit, confirms into a higher damage combo than Fisticuffs is capable of.
3. The combo ends in a standing state, similar to nut punch, allowing for another loop of inescapable pressure.
4. Hellfire has a straight 33/33/33 at the end to compliment it, where as Cage has his 11-3 or 11-f2, or throw mixup which isn't as legit as Scorpion's mixups.

Also, during defense against b121, you KNOW that Cage is going to try to stagger the string because that's his best option, so you look out for the stagger and then you either reversal throw, backdash, or jab. You might get hit with b12~ex fb but that's hardly the end of the world. It's a guessing game, but it's a guessing game in which Cage is acting on negative frames. It is hard though.

So it would appear that Joe is guilty of downplaying.

Best quote though:

Jim: ...A-List has just a good corner game.
Joe: That's the safe character!

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
If you could set yourself on fire you would have a quality job as a stunt man. That's why you should have flame aura!

JTB123

JTB's Scorpion downplaying in that Cage section is horseshit lol. I'm with Jim on this, Scorpions guaranteed chip, coupled with his continuous plus frames that DOESN'T end just because he's out of stamina (214 is still +5 after a dash cancel) is better, because:

1. The chip is guaranteed, there are no holes in it, but there is a gap after every backpunch in 'speed bag'.
2. On hit, confirms into a higher damage combo than Fisticuffs is capable of.
3. The combo ends in a standing state, similar to nut punch, allowing for another loop of inescapable pressure.
4. Hellfire has a straight 33/33/33 at the end to compliment it, where as Cage has his 11-3 or 11-f2, or throw mixup which isn't as legit as Scorpion's mixups.

Also, during defense against b121, you KNOW that Cage is going to try to stagger the string because that's his best option, so you look out for the stagger and then you either reversal throw, backdash, or jab. You might get hit with b12~ex fb but that's hardly the end of the world. It's a guessing game, but it's a guessing game in which Cage is acting on negative frames. It is hard though.

So it would appear that Joe is guilty of downplaying.

Best quote though:

Jim: ...A-List has just a good corner game.
Joe: That's the safe character!
Dash cancelling does cost stamina so my pressure is guaranteed to end :p and my F2 whiffs completely on the following characters when done out of FBC pressure: in red means when in the corner.

Kitana - Mileena - Sonya - Cassie - Jacqui - Kung Jin - Shinnok - Kano - Erron - D'Vorah

There is a gap inbetween the 2's in speed but when cornered and without armour that doesn't mean anything, I finished testing it agaisnt the whole cast yesterday and the string alone stuffs these characters' armour:

Sub Zero - Mileena - Erron Black - Ermac - Kotal Kahn - D'Vorah - Quan Chi

and when cancelled in EX nut punch breaks all the armour of these characters:

Jax - Sonya - Jason - Kenshi - Kitana - Takeda - Kotal Kahn.

That leaves 12 characters that can straight up armour out and when they don't have meter they have to eat the whole string which builds a lot of meter, does 4-8% chip and when ended at the 7th hit keeps you nuetral right next to him with the same 9 frame mid that leads to it all over again and he's going to pretty much always have an EX nut punch locked and loaded to blow up counter pokes. The string also spaces him perfectly.

And the most negative Cage is -2, it's not like he's -5 or -6, if you're 1 or 2 frames later your counter poke you're gonna get CAGED!

Also my main point was not to downplay Cage's corner pressure, not necessarily compare it directly with Scorpions. For the record I think Scorpions is better, but let us not act like Cage's pressure is normal.

ENDeverMORE

The incredible introvert
Don't know why my phones mic is so sensitive in this one, but now I've tied my xbox one to the same skype account so now I can use a decent mic now

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
After listening to this again I can confirm @Undeadjim said that 90% of the cast have a generally good corner game, not 90% have a better corner game than JC

ENDeverMORE

The incredible introvert
First game I had on ESL was against a Shinnok... Why the obscure-arse characters that no one uses?! I had practice against fraudulent Inferno Scorpions, tempest+buzzsaw Laos, Jax, even Kotal, but no Shinnok.... -_-

ENDeverMORE

The incredible introvert
No one new is going to invest time into him since all the Raiden/Quan tier whores are still comfortable with their current mains.
Shinnok will probably be one of the next ones they jump to.