What's new

Question - Grandmaster Helping a scrub in the corner

The combo that I'm doing in the corner right now is
starter-242-123~slide.

I've some some players do some stuff in the corner that's
Starter-242-b12-clone (then some other stuff) when I try to do clone part it always wiffs. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong and maybe a decent corner combo (that doesn't involve shatter lol)

P.S: If its in poor taste to post stuff like this I apologize

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Try hitting the b12 sooner or later, probably later, i.e. lower.

It's not poor taste at all mate, but maybe use the general discussion thread rather than a new one though or things tend to get cluttered.

Suntan Superman

Never outshine the Master
The combo that I'm doing in the corner right now is
starter-242-123~slide.

I've some some players do some stuff in the corner that's
Starter-242-b12-clone (then some other stuff) when I try to do clone part it always wiffs. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong and maybe a decent corner combo (that doesn't involve shatter lol)

P.S: If its in poor taste to post stuff like this I apologize
Try B2,242,1,B12~clone or B2,242,1,11~clone the latter does less Damage but is easier starting out.

Drop the slide. There are much better options. If you pop the slide to late, you end up switching sides and you are in the corner. 242 NJP F12 followed by ice clone is much better. A few % less damage but better positioning.

Or if you want to start with B2, try B2 242 F1 ice clone. I haven't tested on female characters but it almost always freezes males for me. You just need to time the 242 while they are high in the air to fit in the F1. You can also do a knockdown in the end with F12 instead of the clone, and drop your clone when they are on the ground. Doing F1 clone and freezing then allows you to drop an Xray though if that'll do you good. With the Xray you'll do 39% damage.

Dynasty

Noob
just do b2 b2 1 d1 b12 klone njp jip and f12 ender to put out klone again safely

and after a standing freeze I do 242 njp jip jip f12 or you can do b2 242 b33d4 for safe klone

zoofs

bless
The clone wiffs everytime. I've tried doing it earlier or later. What could I be missing?
it simply wont work on female characters most of the time due to hitbox issues, so that is probably why. With males you just need to make sure they are somewhat low to the ground. There are multiple different solutions you can use i.e. b2, b2, d1, d1, b12 clone on females, or you can substitute and just use f12 as an ender.