What's new

Helpful Story Trailer Reveal Image

RM slacked

Shinnok trash from Canada.
Funny that everyone puts Erron Black in the five characters revealed instead of Shinnok. One has way more relevance and significance and the other was just introduced in the comics.
Shinnok is in the game, I have to talk to a friend that knows the roster about Erron but trust me Shinnok is playable.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Funny that everyone puts Erron Black in the five characters revealed instead of Shinnok. One has way more relevance and significance and the other was just introduced in the comics.
I think it is more of a who was shown and named and displayed as to who we had to look for and freeze frame... Id go shinnok as the fifth... And I don't think it means everyone else is not playable... Just not shown off yet...

GenieWeenie

Just an insignificant speck of feculent scum.
I think it is more of a who was shown and named and displayed as to who we had to look for and freeze frame... Id go shinnok as the fifth... And I don't think it means everyone else is not playable... Just not shown off yet...
Good point.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I think the battle between Raiden and Shinnok is just a memory from that asian girl, same with the battle between Scorpion and Takeda, another memory. Based on that I think Shinnok may be not playable. I think the 5th is Erron because he is alive in the present (of the story mode).

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Ya but Erron Black is a new character that is getting a lot comic time, why would they introduce someone new with a pretty cool design and just have him be in the background? That's the way I see it. I was sure Shinnok would be playable just from the MK9 ending but now I don't know, may just be a Shao Khan style boss/DLC character.

GenieWeenie

Ya but Erron Black is a new character that is getting a lot comic time, why would they introduce someone new with a pretty cool design and just have him be in the background? That's the way I see it. I was sure Shinnok would be playable just from the MK9 ending but now I don't know, may just be a Shao Khan style boss/DLC character.
Sounds like wishful thinking. It is quite possible they created him to have some significance to the story but not be playable in the game. Way too many people are assuming things they shouldn't.

xX_Atrocitus_Xx

Blood & Rage
Having a tiny role in the plot has never stopped anyone from being playable.
yeah I was just fuk n with ya. It seems his role in this is still large. looks like Mileena will use the pendant as a weapon to obtain her throne and it will get out of hand. Shinnok will escape is my bet and will be a bigger threat than the war currently going on. The whole "war" aspect seems just like a plot to move the story on to something bigger. Bigger being Shinnok

Sounds like wishful thinking. It is quite possible they created him to have some significance to the story but not be playable in the game. Way too many people are assuming things they shouldn't.
Erron Black screams playable. Everything around him seems time and inspiration was put on him. His name, design, cowboy style, weaponry, plot relevance, everything.

GenieWeenie

Erron Black screams playable. Everything around him seems time and inspiration was put on him. His name, design, cowboy style, weaponry, plot relevance, everything.
Well if he turns out to not be playable, I'll be there to taste the salt.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
Keep in mind that in both MK9 and Injustice, all promoted materials showing characters that were argued as to whether or not they were playable, all turned out to be playable. Most of the time, NRS hasn't polished NPC's character models and designs as well as they have with Rain, Sindel, Erron Black, and Baraka. Shinnok is another matter, seeing as how he could be a boss, or irrelevant flashback cutscene.

Saint Op Omen

Keep in mind that in both MK9 and Injustice, all promoted materials showing characters that were argued as to whether or not they were playable, all turned out to be playable. Most of the time, NRS hasn't polished NPC's character models and designs as well as they have with Rain, Sindel, Erron Black, and Baraka. Shinnok is another matter, seeing as how he could be a boss, or irrelevant flashback cutscene.
It was said several times the story starts right after mk9 then jumps around including periods that we play in flashbacks... Something being a flashback does not mean it's not a playable section of story... I also think some playable characters and alts will be pulled from each time period... Meaning someone does not need to be in every part to be viable..

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Well I think it sounds more like common sense, we'll see though.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
It was said several times the story starts right after mk9 then jumps around including periods that we play in flashbacks... Something being a flashback does not mean it's not a playable section of story... I also think some playable characters and alts will be pulled from each time period... Meaning someone does not need to be in every part to be viable..
Oh, I'm right with you, but objectively speaking, the Shinnok sequence appears to take place possibly before MK9, because of Raiden's costume, but maybe I'm wrong. That's really the only reason I'm not 100% on Shinnok being playable, but I'd say I'm 80%.

Saint Op Omen

Oh, I'm right with you, but objectively speaking, the Shinnok sequence appears to take place possibly before MK9, because of Raiden's costume, but maybe I'm wrong. That's really the only reason I'm not 100% on Shinnok being playable, but I'd say I'm 80%.
Nah that for sure looks like cage and Sonya in those scenes and they wouldnt have been there looking like that if it wasn't after 9...

I know we haven't heard anything about Erron Black sans the comic and the couple of frames in the story trailer but I really really hope he's playable. I think he looks badass and brings almost a different type of feel while retaining the MK feel.

I don't play Mileena at all, but lore wise I'm glad to see her there fighting for the Throne of Outworld. Based on the comic and the story seems like we'll be getting a Game of Thrones type story within Outworld, which is going to be awesome.