What's new

Question - Tanya Help with Tanya

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Just want to preface this by saying that I really wish we could at least use DLC characters in practice mode.

So i faced an at least average player who uses Tanya and i just can't figure out how to deal with her. He used pyro and tonfa variations and it just seems like her base kit makes her hard to fight. She has 50/50s everywhere and i hate that it's on wakeup too. I understand they are extra punishable but another thing is on some moves she is such low profile i have to pick certain normals. I don't know how to beat her teleport. Her jump in punch where she superman poses seems to have a ton of hitstun. I kinda understand her strings and think you can just block low and then switch between high low on reaction except for her special cancels.

This is where im at against this character and it actually has me scared of what the naginata variation is capable of. I'm looking for any info if there's some gaps in her usual strings like the mid/OH//Low in tonfa or the one where she can enhance it. How good is teleport actually cause it seems she can just wakeup with it since she knocks me down with her other 2 specials. Just wondering where are the faults in the character if anyone doesnt mind sharing.

I was using MoS Raiden, Brawler and Hollywood Cassie. I friended the guy and hope to use DF Liu Kang and Cyber Kano. Also if anyone on here wouldn't mind playing me on Psn or PC feel free to add me.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
i think its to early for me to give you help on her, to be honest i dont think everyone has even figured out her combos, blockstrings and what not as of now.

im struggling with her in practice atm, her pogo combos are redonculously hard to me. (esp online)

but yeah she is a new threat and will continue to be untill everyone becomes familiar with her.

i only really know her dragon naginata variation, because i love the pogo. its so much fun.

had a jackie full auto spamming and i just pogo hopped across the screen went down below fire and spammed B+2 for that long ranged stab into run into insain mixup.

or i sometimes tele through air past her volly of fire into a small combo...

online is very difficult with her to me to pull off (112, tele, pogo,F2,pogo,F2, jip1-2U3, run, 34~DB4) in practice i can do almost every time. but shesh, dat combo.

my advice would be to look on these forums on tanya, practice all strategies, combos, strings and tactics that this vast community posts, and use it in the lab till you become familiar with her yourself, so you can punish tanya players when they use the same tactics.

but like i said, many others will have thier own way to play with her, thier own mix ups, and or combos they like to end with.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
ohh dont know if you use mileena or kung lao?

but mileena has dat sky drop for whenshe pogo , and if they another var, when they tele alot you might catch them with sky drop sai into full combo punish. and use her roll when she is coming down from tele.

kung lao can catch after some of her combo into tele by his normal spin.

just ideas and its not all that concrete but i tried to help.

good luck:)

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Thanks eazy sleazy but i dont have the kombat pack and don't plan on buying dlc anytime soon so i was hoping someone had some tips for me because i know there are quite a few players who have been labbing it up with tanya.