What's new

Match-up Discussion Help with Solomon Grundy

WhyGod

Noob
I have been having trouble with DeathStrike and Grundy. I got some good info for attacking DS on the forum, does anyone have a method of attack for Grundy. seems like I get grabbed for 40-50+% damage non-stop. The matches are not lasting very long.

Is there a wake up I need to use?
Whats the best way to open a combo on grundy? ( air grabs have been a problem )

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
So you need help against grundy? Best thing I can say is jump back if you're getting command grabbed over and over. Test if the Grundy is smart enough to catch your jump back. When he hits you with an ex command grab(the one that throws you over his shoulder and keeps you knocked down for a long time) you just gotta try and react to his mixup. If you see his foot move, block low, if you see his arms move block high. Or he'll just grab you, but I would just try and cover your bases with reactions rather than guessing.

If you're getting hit by swamp hands, just jump or dash. Occasionally they'll still track you but you should be fine. Try and bait out ex swamp hands by stopping your zoning and seeing how he reacts. Usually when I play Grundy I wait for a projectile to whiff and then ex swamp hands if it looks like hes zoning on the ground still.

If you have any other problems ask, I know a decent amount about Grundy.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Grundy wants to keep you in place..be prepared for swamp hands and dashes!!
Move as much as possible, using speed and mobility.. You have to chip away at him. Trying to go toe to toe with him is going to get you thrown off the stage by your head. You HAVE to respect his close game. But like it was said in previous post, swamp hands does get predictable and IS easier to escape than most freeze moves. If he does miss- punish his recovery. Patience on your part wins this match.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
This is coming from a Grundy Main, if you ever plan to approach Grundy make sure that you have a fast combo that has 4 hits or more and finishes before the Walking grab.

Reifu

Cassie in training
If you seem him doing Walking grab Tantrum stance 1 and 3 are good options. They both can beat the move and TS1 leads to full combo.

don't forget about silly slide when a Grundy Super is coming at you - I just escaped it for the first time

I also saw someone counter with HQ's Super so that appears to work. I thought he was invincible in Green mode