What's new

Help with Reptile's dash infinite

I've been trying to do Reptile's dash infinite against male ninjas (the HPHP, HP, dash, etc.)

I can get pop-up combo, force ball, HPHP, (run cancel), HP, dash. After the dash, he doesn't turn around in time to to HPHP etc. again. Do I have to cancel the third HP with run as well? or just press the buttons faster?

Any help would be appreciated.

About me:
I stumbled across the (old) darktemplarz site and its U/MK3/T combo videos some time ago and thought it seemed really cool. So I started playing UMK3 on emulator. One of the more recent combo videos had the UltimateMK address in it so I came here. I live in New Zealand so playing on kaillera isn't particularly easy with ping and so on.

In case anyone here is from New Zealand/Australia/etc. and want another person to play, my Aim is "PuxTR" and my MSN is "[email protected]"

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Thanks for checking out the site man.

As for Reptile combo, basically you want them to be as high in the air and as close to Reptile as possible without missing them, canceling the 3rd HP as soon as possible.

FusionBoy said:
I've been trying to do Reptile's dash infinite against male ninjas (the HPHP, HP, dash, etc.)

I can get pop-up combo, force ball, HPHP, (run cancel), HP, dash. After the dash, he doesn't turn around in time to to HPHP etc. again. Do I have to cancel the third HP with run as well? or just press the buttons faster?

Any help would be appreciated.

About me:
I stumbled across the (old) darktemplarz site and its U/MK3/T combo videos some time ago and thought it seemed really cool. So I started playing UMK3 on emulator. One of the more recent combo videos had the UltimateMK address in it so I came here. I live in New Zealand so playing on kaillera isn't particularly easy with ping and so on.

In case anyone here is from New Zealand/Australia/etc. and want another person to play, my Aim is "PuxTR" and my MSN is "[email protected]"

Basically, all the cool stuff you see on those videos and thare are possible in the arcade, are not possible because of the stupid controller, I love the 360 controller don't get me wrong, it's the best console controller, EVER. But for mortal kombat, or any side scroller fighter.. an arcade stick is necessary. People can say otherwise, but there are very few people out there who can manipulate the analog stick compared to how many people who can manipulate a joystick, 2 completely different peices of hardware. and the dpad, don't even get me started on that peice of junk, uppercuts rarely go off let alone an infinite combo.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Shock gets 3, even 4 volleys of reptile's combo with the 360 controller...where I can barely get two and I'm on a stick. It's all about player knowledge, skill, and character placement.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
On the 360 pad, for Reptile's normal HPHP, dash juggle, my average is 2.5, as in, one the three set ups - 3 hit pop up, FB, or FB, HPHP, FB, or RH, FB, HP, FB into aaHPHP, dash, aaHPHP, dash, aaLPHP and then often times the 3rd dash doesn't happen so I still stick to HPHP, dash, HPHP, dash, uppercut. The most I've gotten online is vs Liu Kang with the RH to FB set up, and then (HPHP, dash)x3, (LPHP, dash)x2 (missed uppercut), and the last two volleys + uppercut were after finish him.

The other night I went to 8 on the Break and played some guys in UMK3, the first time I tried a Reptile combo I got 4 volleys, ducking LP uppercut on another male ninja no problem on the stick.

The best type of controller for this combo is inarguably the keyboard.

Stick

what do you mean the stick, analog stick? do you play with the 360 controller or do you have a better controller than we do ;)

dreemernj

Ambassador
I believe Konqrr is referring to a modified DOA stick with a good button layout for UMK3. Shock's still relegated to the 360 pad until we can get something better going.

reptile

can you guys please explain this move in real detail, i've been trying to do it, and sometimes i can do hphp dash, hphp dash and then it fails from there, i need help especially with the ninja ones, hphp, hp how do you cancel with run and get hp, when i stop the hp, the guy just falls i dont even get remotly close enough for the third hp

I have read this and still don't quite understand, cause by the time you press runto cancel out a HP, he has already fallen to the ground.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
You don't hit run to cancel the aaHP's, you do bf+LK!

And if they are falling that far when you Run Cancel, then you aren't even doing a Run Cancel. The notation for that is HP~HP~Run, same or faster than the speed of dialing a combo.

reptile

i have done the hphp-dash x2 on people like robo smoke and unmasked subzero, but i can't get anything else after that, alot of people play ninjas so that was the one i was talking about most, I don't understand how in the video you get hphp, pause hp, then dash, it seems impossible. when i hit hphp, i cant walk forward close enough for the third hp

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
In that particular combo, you need to get pretty much under them and do the aaHP,HP early cancelled with Run while holding forward, then do aaHP~Dash. Watch the video a few more times to see where Reptile is standing in comparison to them when he does his first aaHP's. Then try to recreate it.

Nothing we say here can help you do it, only watch it be done and practice.