What's new

Help with Mileena, Raiden, and Sub-Zero

Migaluch

Double Dasher
Okay so I'm a decent online player and have had a tough time against the three aforementioned characters. With Mileena, I know its Rep's worst matchup, and capable players can easily get past all of my zoning moves. What would you recommend for her? I would guess that I ditch attempts at zoning, especially on knockdown, but what can I do? The same applies with Raiden, as his damn teleport ruins my pressuring for me. Finally, average Sub-Zeros are a piece of cake, but I still struggle with good ones online, even though I feel I shouldn't. What can I do to improve my matches with these annoying three?

I'm interested too.. since moving to an arcade stick I've picked up reptile and can hold my own mostly but get smashed by these 3 characters too.. Espesciqlly mileena.

sLeeK

Noob
I would suggest looking through the threads for reptile.. There have been many posts about these character's. Best bet would be to look in the match up thread.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
The best way to fight Mileena imo is just to punish. I have a hard time getting any consistent offense against her so you just gotta know when to counter with elbow dash. If you have a feeling she will teleport then charge up a forceball and she should dive into i. This also applies to her roll.

A lot of people say Reptile is a favorable matchup vs Sub but i think Sub kills reptile. Clone just shuts down reptiles offense. And with the 10 extra frames now SZ will get combos with a ice blast, FB trade.

I can't comment on post patch reptile vs sub-z because I haven't played it enough, but I will say that you must zone sub-zero out as reptile. The spit beats out the ice throwing and the forceballs basically make it tough for him to get anything going if you space them right. I'm sure he'll get in slides on just about every trade now though, but no big deal imo. With Sub you just need to not go willy nilly with your dashing because you will dash into clones. So I would just try to zone him out and if they start to get frustrated they will most likely have their clone game slip a little and you can get some dashing in and quick bursts of offense in and then go back to zoning.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
After the patch this matchup has probably swapped to Reptile's favor, ex slide help this match tremendously, I haven't lost to a sub zero yet.

Okay so I'm a decent online player and have had a tough time against the three aforementioned characters. With Mileena, I know its Rep's worst matchup, and capable players can easily get past all of my zoning moves. What would you recommend for her? I would guess that I ditch attempts at zoning, especially on knockdown, but what can I do? The same applies with Raiden, as his damn teleport ruins my pressuring for me. Finally, average Sub-Zeros are a piece of cake, but I still struggle with good ones online, even though I feel I shouldn't. What can I do to improve my matches with these annoying three?
add me on xbox live, I'll help with that.

A lot of playing sub zero is putting a pure zone, and not dashing in. And using a EH slide randomly to break through ice clones. Also, When A subzero is Ice ball spamming you, you need to let him do this, or slide under it. You cant trade with anything from across full screen and not get frozen, if you trade, you'll end up eating a combo + ice clone mix up pressure if the sub zero knows what hes doing.
Raiden, 50% of raidens will teleport and jump right after to cross up, Try putting a NJP on that.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
A lot of playing sub zero is putting a pure zone, and not dashing in. And using a EH slide randomly to break through ice clones. Also, When A subzero is Ice ball spamming you, you need to let him do this, or slide under it. You cant trade with anything from across full screen and not get frozen, if you trade, you'll end up eating a combo + ice clone mix up pressure if the sub zero knows what hes doing.
Raiden, 50% of raidens will teleport and jump right after to cross up, Try putting a NJP on that.
You can acid spit from full screen and its safe, and once you keep hitting him with it most will stop and try to get in, that's when you start throwing out fb's.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Someone probably responded to it before but I'm new here and I wanted to be sure : Is there anything to do to punish mileena's tp ? This is a pain t.t

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Someone probably responded to it before but I'm new here and I wanted to be sure : Is there anything to do to punish mileena's tp ? This is a pain t.t
If she air sai's after and your duck blocking, you can uppercut, , if standing you can 1 her, but so really serious punishes. If she doesn't air sai after, you've got a full combo.

You can acid spit from full screen and its safe, and once you keep hitting him with it most will stop and try to get in, that's when you start throwing out fb's.
Not necessarily, on the ps3 maybe, but when ever I try an acid spit and block, I still cant block it.. The safest place to acid spit si mid screen because it will cancel is freeze imo

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Not necessarily, on the ps3 maybe, but when ever I try an acid spit and block, I still cant block it.. The safest place to acid spit si mid screen because it will cancel is freeze imo
What? No man the console has nothing to do with it. The recovery on acid spit is so fast that after its done you still have time to block the iceball because its so fast, you can still get frozen if you don't spit fast enough though, so that's probably where your problem is bro.