What's new

Help with HSmoke

I can't seem too finish the combo after I launch an opponent. I'm trying to aaHP, JK, throw...

However if I can manage the aaHP JK then I can never get the throw. When I JK him I hit him right before he hits the ground and can't manage to throw him after.

I had that Problem. Sugar Kinda helped me with it, but honestly I dont bother with it. You have to kinda mash the Throw button, right when you HEAR the kick connect.

This is probably the easiest way:

After the Pop-up, hold forward, and at the last second do: RUN, HP, RUN, then hold up+forward for the JK.

Hitting Run before HP will give you a quick burst of run, trust me it makes the difference, and hitting run immediately after HP will "cancel it" making the HP animation end sooner so you can get the JK+airthrow. Without either of these it's impossible to get the airthrow with a HP before.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
After the final popup hold forward, then as dave said, burst-jab by pressing run~hp~run all while still holding forward. Keep Smoke moving forward very slightly and jk/throw. Basically once you see him moving forward after you hit with the aahp, jump kick, not before.

You don't have to really time the throw at all, just press kick then press throw after. If you did it right the combo will work.

I had trouble with this at first back on kaillera but once I got it, that was it and I can do it most of the time now.

Practice the burst jab, it will add to many combos :wink:

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
on that smoke combo I never do that hp,run. I hit run BEFORE the hp, but I don't press run after and still works. the most important thing is to gain distance and that can be solved only by walking briefly and run+HP,JK,AT.
just stating that its surely possible without the "burst jab"

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
The burst jab IS doing run before hp. Run after simply makes you recover faster so you can walk closer to make the combo easier.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
I was talking about dave's comment "Hitting Run before HP will give you a quick burst of run, trust me it makes the difference, and hitting run immediately after HP will "cancel it" making the HP animation end sooner so you can get the JK+airthrow. Without either of these it's impossible to get the airthrow with a HP before."
Should've quoted instead lol

When I said "either of these" I meant that you can't do it without one of them. You can do it using run either before or after, but you need to do atleast one of them for it to work. Sorry about the confusion :p

G

yo i push my car waz up lets play this weekend im still learning with nightwolf

aka x1 crt said:
yo i push my car waz up lets play this weekend im still learning with nightwolf
Yo it's called the PM fizzle for shizzle, so don't pizzle in this thizzle about that stuffizlle.

As said before do run, aahp, run. I am working on getting this down. The biggest problem I've had is doing the air throw before the jk connects. To avoid this, make sure you see the JK connect, then instantly cancel to the air throw.