What's new

Question - Erron Black Help with Erron Blacks Command Grab

Could somebody give me some insight on how to do it consistently? I cant seem to get the input during combos and its bugging me. Any advice?

Dog With A Beer

Bane (noun): a source of harm, ruin or death.
you gotta prebuffer the DBF during your combo, the DBF should be happening long before you hit the 2 (I think EB's command grab is dbf2) so if you're doing 21122dbf2 you should start hitting the DBF before you finish the 22.

Hopefully I explained it well enough and I'm not giving you wrong info on the timing (at work so can't test it and I don't play EB much). Command grabs are hard and take a lot of practice to do in strings before you get the hang of it. Keep at it!

Sometimes during a combo I'll instead get the Tarkatan Stab rather than the Tackle or in some cases nothing at all. It seems the problem is that I'm hitting downback, rather than back before going forward. I found a pretty easy solution for this, it's simply starting at down making a clockwise circle on the stick until you end up at forward. This seems to cancel every single time for me.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I have tried picking up Black a few times but have never truly committed but even so I have trouble with it too.

As a stand alone move it usually works fine, but when I am trying to use it as a combo ender I get a weird push move or the stab a lot of the time :/

Noob
I have tried picking up Black a few times but have never truly committed but even so I have trouble with it too.

As a stand alone move it usually works fine, but when I am trying to use it as a combo ender I get a weird push move or the stab a lot of the time :/
Try FDBF instead of DBF

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion

happens to me sometimes, but then it looks i just tried to make a read so it's all good.

if you're getting f2 tho, that means your doing it way too late. you gotta buffer it, and then it should be fully input in sync with the last the of the string

Blade4693

VIVIVI

Try FDBF instead of DBF
Alright, ill give it a shot and see what happens :)

happens to me sometimes, but then it looks i just tried to make a read so it's all good.

if you're getting f2 tho, that means your doing it way too late. you gotta buffer it, and then it should be fully input in sync with the last the of the string
Yeah it seems I do it way late and get that or I am pressing way too fast and get the stab, which is so annoying lol

Lately I have been having trouble connecting his NJP after b3,2, u1 (I think that's what its called lol) you know, his launcher combo, for some reason the njp wont connect anymore, and I even try holding up way before the combo ends hoping he will jump literally right after the animation is over and I still miss it now.

Any tips for why this might be happening to me?

Btw I appreciate all the help/tips so far guys/girls.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Alright, ill give it a shot and see what happens :)

Yeah it seems I do it way late and get that or I am pressing way too fast and get the stab, which is so annoying lol

Lately I have been having trouble connecting his NJP after b3,2, u1 (I think that's what its called lol) you know, his launcher combo, for some reason the njp wont connect anymore, and I even try holding up way before the combo ends hoping he will jump literally right after the animation is over and I still miss it now.

Any tips for why this might be happening to me?

Btw I appreciate all the help/tips so far guys/girls.
Honestly... I'm bad at giving execution tips. I don't really think about the combos I'm doing or use visual cues, it's more instinct. I remember Njp being a little tricky on the timing, but a half an hour of practice and you should be getting it no problem...

The way i do it is B32u1, (I don't hold up) Up, thend 2 right before he reaches the peak of his jump... And idk. Trying to break it down practice mode, so that I could explain it better but it feels weird... i just do it man, it's super easy lol. You'll get it, keep practicing.

Last edited:

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Honestly... I'm bad at giving execution tips. I don't really think about the combos I'm doing or use visual cues, it's more instinct. I remember Njp being a little tricky on the timing, but a half an hour of practice and you should be getting it no problem...

The way i do it is B32u1, (I don't hold up) Up, thend 2 right before he reaches the peak of his jump... And idk. Trying to break it down practice mode, so that I could explain it better but it feels weird... i just do it man, it's super easy lol. You'll get it, keep practicing.
Lol I understand, I am kind of like that too. Ill just spend a lot more time practicing it and see what happens, thanks for your help! :)