What's new

General/Other Help with Ares

CRUM

Noob
Hello Ares boards, I just recently started messing around with Ares and I'm looking for some assistance. I'm trying to figure exactly where he is effective, also looking for tips on how to establish spacing. Another issue I've been having is trying to prevent intense rushdown. If anyone could give me tips I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Ares' best spacing tool is problably his b13. It has a lot of range, and if the 3 hits it launches them full screen which can lead to a godsmack/teleport mix up. He has a tough time against rush down, my best advice is try to either counterpoke with d1, hit confirm it into a d4, or pushblock and attempt to zone.

ryublaze

Noob
Ares' best spacing tool is problably his b13. It has a lot of range, and if the 3 hits it launches them full screen which can lead to a godsmack/teleport mix up. He has a tough time against rush down, my best advice is try to either counterpoke with d1, hit confirm it into a d4, or pushblock and attempt to zone.
You can hit confirm d1 into d4?

Alpha

Noob
usually against rushdown, I let a move knock me down and teleport out of the way or if there is an opening god smack out of there, it usually works

Aight. If you wanna play now, i just had a ass whooping from foxy so im really salty and i wanna see blood. So im all up for playing now lol.
You guys wanna start a koth ? I'm on for a little, I'd like to think my ares is pretty good so whoever was trying to learn could see how ares plays in competitive matches

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
You guys wanna start a koth ? I'm on for a little, I'd like to think my ares is pretty good so whoever was trying to learn could see how ares plays in competitive matches
Sorry just saw this message now.
Im always up for a koth just add me and send me msg if you wanna play.

Alpha

Noob
Not to sound like Superman, but Ares's F23 is really good for setting up his God Smack also.
Yes, his f23 is really good but I either use my axe or a mb df1 to go for full range mb god smack into ground pound

Some good tactics to escape pressure with Ares is his jump back 1, his b1/b13 (but it can often get him into trouble), and in the right space, throwing out trait and dashing back out of it. The last one usually only works if the opponent doesn't know the matchup because in most distances, if an opponent sees Ares pulling out his trait, they should attempt a trade because it will hit Ares out of his trait more than 80% of the time.

4x4lo8o

Noob
You can hit confirm d1~d4?

godsmack and invis setups imo are key for him, he can become a ridiculous knockdown pressure / mixup machine character, problem is he has nothing except for a really good read or guess to get him going... if you can get that part going hes nuts, otherwise his teleport is slow and his zoning sucks and so does his mobility, godsmack will have to be used really well for him to be viable imo, you have to anticipate and be ahead for the teleport to be effective as it has 20 frames startup.

most ares players liek raiden plays have no method, just madness and too many teleports

except raiden was a really awesome runaway spacing character who tooks loads of skill and could tele on reaction or as a spacing tool and as a read out of pressure or a counter-poke, ares is a random banana

4x4lo8o

Noob
Hello Ares boards, I just recently started messing around with Ares and I'm looking for some assistance. I'm trying to figure exactly where he is effective, also looking for tips on how to establish spacing. Another issue I've been having is trying to prevent intense rushdown. If anyone could give me tips I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
I don't know if you're still playing with Ares or looking for help, but I wrote a guide recently that you might find useful.
http://testyourmight.com/threads/ares-pressure-mix-ups-and-frame-traps.37757/