What's new

help with a few questions

chores

bad at things
Hello everyone. Great forums here, very informative. I've got a couple questions seeing as MK9 is the first fighting game I've ever attempted to play competitively (coming from a quake background).

First, what characters have the easiest to execute BNB combos?
Right now I can do subzero's 2 2 freeze 2 1 4 slidekick for ~28 and raiden's <-3 1 2, <-3 1 2, superman for ~29. I am interested in playing a character that has an easy combo for ~35 just so I can have that in my arsenal and focus on mastering other aspects of the game (slow progress there).

Is this the proper approach? Or should I be doing the reverse (selecting a character who's other qualities [moves, speed, etc.] I enjoy and just focusing on learning their combos, no matter how hard?

My second question is somewhat related to the first. I feel like (besides lack of practice) some of the harder combos involving multiple dashes and/or strictly timed teleports (raiden) are more difficult for me due to the 360 controller. Am I addressing a problem that isn't there or does the 360 d-pad give anyone else input problems?

Thanks!

[edit: grammar]

imo just pick the character that u like the most. then learn how to play with him. unless u wanna play in tournaments and so on.

i have heard a lot of complaining about were the d pad is set up on the 360. as for the player u want to use. just use whoever ur best with. i wanted to use scorp, then cyrax, then noob. and now im on kung lao cause well, im just best with him.

IIAvirus

Banned
be who you choose to be not who others choose to see! pick a charcter you like I never cared for easy combos i just chose what works for me and came out to be mileena! YOU ONLY GET SMARTER BY PLAYING A SMARTER OPPONENT!