What's new

Help w/ Xbox One Pad Options?

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I've come to grips with the fact that the PDP MKX pad is hot steaming donkey shit, so I need some opinions from people who have experience with some of my alternative options for an xBone pad, please.

1st:

First up, anyone have or use a Hori Horipad, and if so how is it for fighters and fighters alone? Seems like the easiest and cheapest route but I need to know how good the dpad is compared to the baby-hands dpad on the PDP MKX wanker pad.

2nd:

Second option: I've already got another one of these coming for USF4 on my 360 and I actually really like these pads despite their shortcomings, so the question becomes is it worth getting a converter and if so, which?

3rd:

If I'm going to get a converter should I just go all out and get this pad too? Can I get one converter that allows me to use both 360 and/or PS4 pads on my xBone or would I need a different one for each? Not familiar with converters.

If anyone with any familiarity or knowledge of the limited options we have on xBox One would like to chime in I'd really appreciate it.

@Juggs maybe?

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
Fight commander now and forever, I want one but S&H kills me.

I did mention in the other thread that the dpad for option one is not very good. I know a lot of people used the Hori Gem pad and the Gem pad is a pretty good pad. Unfortunately, I am not a fan of this one.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I did mention in the other thread that the dpad for option one is not very good. I know a lot of people used the Hori Gem pad and the Gem pad is a pretty good pad. Unfortunately, I am not a fan of this one.
I appreciate the heads up, Icepick! Have you gotten your hands on a Hori Fighting Commander 4 yet? It's really looking like a converter might be necessary at this point.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
OPTION 1 IS NOOOOOO!!!

I use that exact same pad and it's only SLIGHTLY better than the regular X1 pad because the triggers aren't as sensitive and the bumpers aren't as hard to press. But the pad is ABSOLUTELY GARBAGE. You will frequently get jumps when you try to press Back or Forward and the face buttons' paint wears off fast. I've had this pad since a week after MKX came out so let's say about 3 weeks now and this is how it looks like:

I also wear gloves when I play so it's not due to grease.