What's new

Help picking out a main?

NFI

Kitty Got Wet
I recently got into IJ2 again. I got all the dlc characters recently but haven't played since first few weeks. I can look at the tier list but I rather hear it from people who play.

Which character would suit my rushdown style the best? I used to use necalli from sf5 so I'm kinda of into the rushdown mix up intensive characters with Command grabs. Especially characters that can adapt to most match ups. I've been looking into Red Hood. Tips?

Based off what you said you were looking for in a character, I would check out Sub-Zero. He has very solid strings with good Hit Advantage, combined with his insane forward dash allow you to get right next to your opponent after knockdown.

On top of that he has awesome low strings (b11d2, b233), an insane f3, overheard to low (111xxbf3),etc...which creates a lot of pressure.

And then you throw in his klones from his character power in the corner and you've got some sick corner option to compliment the rushdown.

All in all he feels really smooth and fluid to play in my opinion as well.

Eldagrin

Add me on PS4 if you want to play some games
I second Scarecrow, he's definitely a heavy rushdown character with a good command grab.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Based of your description, I'd say the following:

Sub-Zero
Raiden
Catwoman
Cheetah
Flash
Bane
Black Canary
Scarecrow
Swamp Thing
Gorilla Grodd
Robin
Batman
Supergirl
Superman

And based of your character's choice for command grabs, the following are:

Swamp Thing
Bane
Scarecrow

The other characters are kind of an all-rounder, because they have some zoning (like Bats) or protective (like Sub Zero) skills.

The CG characters list I mentioned are the command grab heavy characters.

I might have missed another one, but meh...

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Based of your description, I'd say the following:

Sub-Zero
Raiden
Catwoman
Cheetah
Flash
Bane
Black Canary
Scarecrow
Swamp Thing
Gorilla Grodd
Robin
Batman
Supergirl
Superman

And based of your character's choice for command grabs, the following are:

Swamp Thing
Bane
Scarecrow

The other characters are kind of an all-rounder, because they have some zoning (like Bats) or protective (like Sub Zero) skills.

The CG characters list I mentioned are the command grab heavy characters.

I might have missed another one, but meh...
extremely helpful I bet that really narrows it down for him

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Scarecrow is the best command grab character in the game. Basically uncontested for that title imo.

There's only 3 characters with mid command grabs and Cheetah has a high/low one.

Everyone else who has one only has a high one

Last edited: