What's new

Help needed modding Hori V3 SA

Hey, guys.
I bought this thing not too long ago:

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/accessories/playstation3-real-arcade-pro-v3-sa/92922

the buttons are starting to stick a little bit. I guess i could have been a little rough with them, but regardless, its time for me to switchy the buttons. I'm 100% Noob (no relation) when it comes to modding fight sticks (this is my first one, in fact) so, i'm not very sure which kind of buttons to get, or how big the buttons should be.

misc info: My girlfriend says she hates how that buttons sound with the factory buttons, so the quieter the button, the better.

I like to have relatively low "action" so i dont have to try to hard to get the commands in.

thanks in advance!

Dark_Rob

Noob
Hey, guys.
I bought this thing not too long ago:

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/accessories/playstation3-real-arcade-pro-v3-sa/92922

the buttons are starting to stick a little bit. I guess i could have been a little rough with them, but regardless, its time for me to switchy the buttons. I'm 100% Noob (no relation) when it comes to modding fight sticks (this is my first one, in fact) so, i'm not very sure which kind of buttons to get, or how big the buttons should be.

misc info: My girlfriend says she hates how that buttons sound with the factory buttons, so the quieter the button, the better.

I like to have relatively low "action" so i dont have to try to hard to get the commands in.

thanks in advance!
That stick already comes stock with the best parts you can buy. The stick is the Sanwa JLF and the buttons are Sanwa OBSF-30's. There are other types of buttons but none of them are of any higher quality. Seimitsu's may be a bit quieter, but i doubt it. Sanwa's arent exactly loud or anything, unless your girlfriend is trying to go to sleep in the same room or something. Then I could see it bothering her. Really the best you can do is just replace them with new Sanwa's since you say they are getting sticky.