What's new

Help my Freddy out!!!

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
Hey guys I'm gonna put up some video of me and my friend going at it, any suggestions on how to improve my Freddy would be welcome

representing SVK

Skitzo

Noob
Follow up with a following spike when you hit one.
Example: Med spike, confirms into 2 far spikes.

Next, I don't even think I saw you incorporate Freddy's full screen frame traps. I just saw you throwing ONLY glove tosses. A blocked GT or FF at full screen, is a free far spike. They cannot jump or even armor through, the frame trap is too tight. Make them respect it. Create your own mind games like 2 GT's in spike, next 1 FF into spike.

Also, you need to react to what he's doing. He kept jumping over your glove tosses, you can anti air them with a spike on the location they're gonna land. You'll most likely catch them jumping at full screen to get close so make them eat a mid spike & think twice before jumping.

Learn to manage meter as well, i saw you blowing a bar for f421 into EX spikes, when you can easily cancel into NMS instead for a safe mixup. Once they respect that, you can also just f421 NMS & just tele back

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
I would mix up your zoning a bit by adding freddy fingers and nms and try to anti air with spikes past medium range. Also cutting strings short into a nms mix up is pretty good. not to mention you can't just back up the whole fight, play footsies and dash in for a blockstring or possible hit confirm on occasion to keep Cage at bay a little at least.

streetsweep187

Kneel before me
Run for your life cage is the 8th wonder of the world ... Jk but what some of u don't understand is he does all freddys traps but I've learned to deal with zoning very well considering all I fight is kabal and Freddy ....zoning means nothing to me ill just dance around it and I know when to watch for spikes (does catch me sometimes) but Freddy mostly gets me with his big damage and solid 50/50

Please help my buddy squirt out !!!

By the way squirt was just a lil off his game in these matches we normally go back and forth

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
Follow up with a following spike when you hit one.
Example: Med spike, confirms into 2 far spikes.
Freddy has far better oki options especially against someone like Cage, only against certain characters would I finish with double spikes.

Learn to manage meter as well, i saw you blowing a bar for f421 into EX spikes, when you can easily cancel into NMS instead for a safe mixup. Once they respect that, you can also just f421 NMS & just tele back
F421 in to a mix-up isn't safe, you need to give them a reason to respect that mix up before you can just start doing it after that blockstring ending a string with an ex spike isn't a bad option because of the footsie game afterwards because of the pushback, not to mention it gives people a reason to stay blocking, be careful though your opponent can armor through the ex spike.

Skitzo

Noob
Then you haven't fought a decent zoner, because you would not be able to "dance around it." You will be having a hell of a time getting in.

streetsweep187

Kneel before me
Freddy's zoning isn't something you can just dance around... His zoning is basically full screen pressure.
True is hard to get around I'm not perfect but kabals is tuffer for me maybe it does come down to how u zone but for me so far so good getting around it...BUT I'm yet to play m2dave and viper other then online but at coco this month I want to

SquirtMcGirt

Thanks for the advice, I don't like ending in far spike far spike I prefer Freddy fingers after 1 farspike and if they block the ff then I get the frame trap. And I know I wasn't really frame trapping, I usually do though. I don't like ending block strings in nightmare stance cause I always get blown up for it. I prefer tele away / towards depending on proximity to the corner (honestly I'm still trying to make this a habit). One thing one definitely taking away is I do really need to get my spike ranges and timing down. If I had that down better it would be harder for people to jump and approach me that way. I do need to be a little easier on my meter esp on wake up.

representing SVK

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Also, you need to react to what he's doing. He kept jumping over your glove tosses, you can anti air them with a spike on the location they're gonna land. You'll most likely catch them jumping at full screen to get close so make them eat a mid spike & think twice before jumping.
Thank you!

Squirtmcgirt187, just because you are outside of jab range does not mean you are out of range to AA. Your friend was jumping a lot at mid range. You can AA with mid spike, combo with a far spike, and send him back full screen. Speaking of far spike, all far spikes should be followed with meaty Freddy fingers to force the Cage player to block or jump. Likewise, all AA gloves should be followed with meaty Freddy fingers. All full screen combos should also always be finished with Freddy fingers, and never with far spike.

Remember that all players will eventually jump on Freddy. Even the most patient ones. You just have to make the right read.

Miscellaneous tips:

- never break versus Cage, especially not at the end of combos, unless the combo kills you. Freddy can always escape the f+3 frame traps with EX teleport. It is always better to eat slightly more damage and save one bar than lose two. If Cage corners Freddy and you have no meter, you are finished. Freddy desperately needs meter for EX teleport in this match.

- use f+4,2 (-5 on block) and f+4,3 (-1 on block). You can teleport back or enter NMS after either. You used a lot of f+4,2,1 (-7 on block). f+4,3 is Freddy's best string for footsies and teleporting back afterwards is 100% safe.

- if Cage has a lead and is looking to chip you with EX forceballs and/or to kill you with an EX shadow kick, you should not panic. Just relax because you can do almost everything on reaction. Instead of zoning with gloves, take advantage of spikes, which track and have a 16F start up. No Cage player can react to such a special move. If the Cage player goes for forceballs, teleport forward.

- it is never good to back off for too long versus Cage, even if you have meter. Freddy has to take a risk sometimes and go for a throw. Basically, you want to make the Cage player believe that you are not scared to walk up to him and throw him, which will make him back off or jump.

SquirtMcGirt

Thank you!

Squirtmcgirt187, just because you are outside of jab range does not mean you are out of range to AA. Your friend was jumping a lot at mid range. You can AA with mid spike, combo with a far spike, and send him back full screen. Speaking of far spike, all far spikes should be followed with meaty Freddy fingers to force the Cage player to block or jump. Likewise, all AA gloves should be followed with meaty Freddy fingers. All full screen combos should also always be finished with Freddy fingers, and never with far spike.

Remember that all players will eventually jump on Freddy. Even the most patient ones. You just have to make the right read.

Miscellaneous tips:

- never break versus Cage, especially not at the end of combos, unless the combo kills you. Freddy can always escape the f+3 frame traps with EX teleport. It is always better to eat slightly more damage and save one bar than lose two. If Cage corners Freddy and you have no meter, you are finished. Freddy desperately needs meter for EX teleport in this match.

- use f+4,2 (-5 on block) and f+4,3 (-1 on block). You can teleport back or enter NMS after either. You used a lot of f+4,2,1 (-7 on block). f+4,3 is Freddy's best string for footsies and teleporting back afterwards is 100% safe.

- if Cage has a lead and is looking to chip you with EX forceballs and/or to kill you with an EX shadow kick, you should not panic. Just relax because you can do almost everything on reaction. Instead of zoning with gloves, take advantage of spikes, which track and have a 16F start up. No Cage player can react to such a special move. If the Cage player goes for forceballs, teleport forward.

- it is never good to back off for too long versus Cage, even if you have meter. Freddy has to take a risk sometimes and go for a throw. Basically, you want to make the Cage player believe that you are not scared to walk up to him and throw him, which will make him back off or jump.
Thank you very much sir. I appriciate the help as I desperatly need it. And the f+4,2,1 strings are because we played a bunch before this and I was doing alot of f+4,2 d+1 and other things. So I was trying to catch him poking (I actually think I got him with the 1 a few times. ) you know that is an amazing tip about breakers I will def be taking that one to heart. Thanks everyone for all the useful information. Oh and streetsweep is amazing at avoiding zoning. Just throwing that out there, in fact at the next coco m2dave I'd like to see some Freddy vs streetsweeps cage action hapnin’ because I could see what your doing.cause to me it feels alot like he's reading me or reacting and by the time I get done say throwing a glove toss its too late and he can either block or has advanced so close projectiles become dangerous. also I think a lot of people underestimate how fucking fast that asshole Johnny cage can close space with his super retarded dash...

representing SVK

streetsweep187

Kneel before me
Thank you very much sir. I appriciate the help as I desperatly need it. And the f+4,2,1 strings are because we played a bunch before this and I was doing alot of f+4,2 d+1 and other things. So I was trying to catch him poking (I actually think I got him with the 1 a few times. ) you know that is an amazing tip about breakers I will def be taking that one to heart. Thanks everyone for all the useful information. Oh and streetsweep is amazing at avoiding zoning. Just throwing that out there, in fact at the next coco m2dave I'd like to see some Freddy vs streetsweeps cage action hapnin’ because I could see what your doing.cause to me it feels alot like he's reading me or reacting and by the time I get done say throwing a glove toss its too late and he can either block or has advanced so close projectiles become dangerous. also I think a lot of people underestimate how fucking fast that asshole Johnny cage can close space with his super retarded dash...

representing SVK
I'm down if m2dave is down.....I'd be honored to fight such a good Freddy offline

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Try to develop an offensive game. I know Cage is scary up close, but Freddy F4 3 is very useful, as m2dave mentioned. Hit confirm that into Freddy's EX Fingers and you get +30 advantage if it connects. You can jump in and follow that up with a 50/50 mix-up. Have the life lead? Good. GTFO and zone. Utilize his full screen frame traps and focus less on what you're doing with Freddy, and more on Cage's movement patterns and your spacing in the field because that's what's important as a zoner.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Try to develop an offensive game. I know Cage is scary up close, but Freddy F4 3 is very useful, as m2dave mentioned. Hit confirm that into Freddy's EX Fingers and you get +30 advantage if it connects. You can jump in and follow that up with a 50/50 mix-up. Have the life lead? Good. GTFO and zone. Utilize his full screen frame traps and focus less on what you're doing with Freddy, and more on Cage's movement patterns and your spacing in the field because that's what's important as a zoner.
Unfortunately, f+4,3 does not combo into anything. f+4,3 xx fingers is a solid block string, though.

AK Vip3r

Ghost of Vip3r
-Dont blow meter on ex teleports to close in on your opponent. You are playing freddy. He doesnt need to close in.
-Do A LOT more ground claws, especially against cage players.
-More frame traps! You see me doing them on a regular basis and you've seen first hand how effective they are!
-You are just backing up with out any form of zoning. To an opponent, they see that and will not respect you.
-Dont jump in on cage. easily one of the biggest no no's in the game.

SquirtMcGirt

-Dont blow meter on ex teleports to close in on your opponent. You are playing freddy. He doesnt need to close in.
-Do A LOT more ground claws, especially against cage players.
-More frame traps! You see me doing them on a regular basis and you've seen first hand how effective they are!
-You are just backing up with out any form of zoning. To an opponent, they see that and will not respect you.
-Dont jump in on cage. easily one of the biggest no no's in the game.
More helpful advice, thank you kindly good sir 8 )

representing SVK

SquirtMcGirt

What do you guys think? It feels like if I do a mid spike and cage blocks it he can dash in and pressure me, should I maybe only be doing far spikes but keep myself close enough that it hits at its closest? I'm getting blown up!! I'm taking a salty break right now lol. m2dave Vip3r

representing SVK

AK Vip3r

Ghost of Vip3r
What do you guys think? It feels like if I do a mid spike and cage blocks it he can dash in and pressure me, should I maybe only be doing far spikes but keep myself close enough that it hits at its closest? I'm getting blown up!! I'm taking a salty break right now lol. m2dave Vip3r

representing SVK
If cage blocks a mid claw, he can only close ground quick enough with a shadow kick? or w/e its called. even so, big whoop. it doesnt do that much damage. just teleport away if he blocks a mid claw.