What's new

Help me understand frame data...

MKPROJECT2359

EMPEROR | MKU PROJECT
In theses cases the opponent can try to armor out of it because even if you get a plus two advantage, you still cannot get a free hit, meaning that you are safe of not getting hit or poked out. Something that you MUST be aware of is that 111~4 cannot be a infinite block. Why? Simple...the first hit is a high meaning that it can be ducked putting you at a disadvantage of like 8 frames.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Sao87 you're more than welcome to continue as I know there will be more people looking for this kinda info.
I guess the only thing I would add when looking at data is don't fall under the pattern that I see a lot of my "by the book" friends fall into.

Commonly they will base their offense around safety and only pick 2-3 strings. Once you know how to defend against those strings their offense becomes very linear.

Almost everything has a purpose so explore everything. If something is -1 through -9 or whatever that doesn't make it worthless. If something has high start up frames that doesn't make it worthless. Some times you will see moves with slow start up but tons of active frames (bane) that are good for sticking over someones body on wake up mix ups. By active frames I mean something may be active for lets assume 20f. That means if the move crosses your hurtbox during that 20f time period you're getting hit by it. Doesn't that sound good against someone who is knocked down and has poor wake up options?

kappie.wp

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I guess the only thing I would add when looking at data is don't fall under the pattern that I see a lot of my "by the book" friends fall into.

Commonly they will base their offense around safety and only pick 2-3 strings. Once you know how to defend against those strings their offense becomes very linear.

Almost everything has a purpose so explore everything. If something is -1 through -9 or whatever that doesn't make it worthless. If something has high start up frames that doesn't make it worthless. Some times you will see moves with slow start up but tons of active frames (bane) that are good for sticking over someones body on wake up mix ups. By active frames I mean something may be active for lets assume 20f. That means if the move crosses your hurtbox during that 20f time period you're getting hit by it. Doesn't that sound good against someone who is knocked down and has poor wake up options?

Agreed ... I was merely just looking for some more tech with KF as she's been my main since day 1.