What's new

Help me pick a main!

Varion

Noob
I really can't pick someone to take into practice with and get better with. I'm terrible with choosing things and I think I've got it down to a few others.

When it's all said and done, I'd like to have two kombatants that I KNOW (and use online).

(without any practice) I went and played every character I was somewhat interested in and seen which ones felt right to me (against medium opponent) and I came up with a little list of people. I'd like one of them to be someone that is in your face and pressures

Ermac
Kano
Liu Kang
Jax
Kung Lao

I don't know how to decide from this list.. :(

Help

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Ermac, then Liu Kang

and TBH... I'm kinda on the same boat. I really like Mileena but she isn't very good up close IMO. Her normals are kinda slow, etc. Whereas Sub-Zero has quick normals, but Mileena also has more versatility.

Varion

Noob
Ermac, then Liu Kang

and TBH... I'm kinda on the same boat. I really like Mileena but she isn't very good up close IMO. Her normals are kinda slow, etc. Whereas Sub-Zero has quick normals, but Mileena also has more versatility.
I was watching jWong earlier and his Kung Lao was ridiculous ✖

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
Ermac, then Liu Kang

unfortunately I agree. Mileena is a major let down for me in this game. She has all these new awesome moves but her drop kick now has a new button motion which I'm not used to yet and all of her moves are punishable. it's really heartbreaking cuz she has so many amazing costumes, design, voices. etc. but she is just too slow. Mileena is typically the fastest. Sub Zero I do think is really good in this game. I love cyromancer and his costumes. but I'd say right now my mains are Kitana and Shinnok. I wanted to like D'Vorah too. Her and Mileena need a buff!

anyway. to the OP....Ermac and Liu Kang are your best bets out of those like he said. Liu Kang has more outfits though and has easier special and people you play online may be less salty towards a lui kang player than ermac. I'd say maybe play both often.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
meh, Kung Lao is over-played... then again, that's just my two pennies.
I have not ran across maybe 2 kung laos while playing online! all I ever get mathed up with is sub, scorp, quan, takeda, and ermac. all the others have been one hit wonders.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
I really can't pick someone to take into practice with and get better with. I'm terrible with choosing things and I think I've got it down to a few others.

When it's all said and done, I'd like to have two kombatants that I KNOW (and use online).

(without any practice) I went and played every character I was somewhat interested in and seen which ones felt right to me (against medium opponent) and I came up with a little list of people. I'd like one of them to be someone that is in your face and pressures

Ermac
Kano
Liu Kang
Jax
Kung Lao

I don't know how to decide from this list.. :(

Help
Pick a number... Then forget that number..and picture a gun to your head and the only way to not get shot is to pick a main....
That first character that popped in your head... The one before you started thinking about what ifs &s and maybes...
Thats who you are meant to play...

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I have not ran across maybe 2 kung laos while playing online! all I ever get mathed up with is sub, scorp, quan, takeda, and ermac. all the others have been one hit wonders.
don't care. Something about Kung Lao that I can't get in to. I've been playing Mileena and will just have to adjust my playstyle.

Unfortunately, I'm the type of player to dive into 1 or MAYBE 2 characters and that's it. Especially with my new job... my game time, pardon me... my MK time is limited, plus someone's gotta update the FP. ;)