What's new

Help me help my Sonya.

AU_SUCK

MEOW
Ive tried implementing the 112 reset at the end of combos into my game so that way i can go into MS pressure. but for some reason i can never get the 2 at the end of 112 to connect. and when i do i cant get it to cancel into the MS. My main questin is. is it really worth the reset? i find that i actually like to end the combo (which gets you a few extra %) and then either anticipate a wakeup or cross them over while they are laying down. (i usually end my combos with leg grab and usually ppl dont wake up. i dont know if thats cause its hard to wake up after that or what). So basically I just want some opinons on full combo Vs rest. Thnx guys. im sure Foxy will be one of the first ones here. :D

reset is the way to go

to connect the 112 at the end of the combo wait as long as you can before doing the 112 and to do the ms after the 112 wait after 11 has connected and do ms just before the 2 hits hope this help

Justice

Noob
Yes it is worth it. Ending the kombo "resets" the playing field and while you do have the advantage, Wake Ups aren't the easiest things in the world to predict/stuff/counter. Say for example you are playing a Sub Zero. Ending a kombo against a good SZ will almost guarantee you are gonna eat a wake up slide/ex slide.

Another way of looking at it is, If you're doing a kombo that does 36% when you end it, but only 33% after the 112. If you end with the 112 sure you're losing the 3% on the one kombo, but the chances are extremely good you can get that same kombo off again for another 33%. So now you have just done 66% with the setup for yet another 33% vs. the 36% total for ending the first kombo. Also, cancelling into MS alone is a mindgame for your opponent but Sonya has soo many options out of MS that your opponent will really have to work (or get lucky) to counter whatever you plan to do next. It's all about keeping your opponent on the defensive, in the corner, afraid to use meter offensively in anticipation of Sonya's next blistering kombo ;)

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Its height specific, just keep practicing it and you'll get it. The reset is always more damage anyhow. Leg grab enders give more damage on the combo counter, but even a single MSF1 after the reset will give you more chip gauranteed than a leg grab.

Shes a very momentum based character so the resets are a must.

What combos are you trying to do? Because some combos are easier to time the 112 than others

Slego

The Saltan of Salt
I find that the 112 reset becomes a lot easier when you get the timing for the dash112 just right, so once you get over the curve you'll never look back.

Instead of doing 114ms->b2->b21f2->dash112ms, try 114ms->b2->b21Kartwheel->dash 112ms. Does more damage, builds more meter and a whole lot easier to time than the former

Regardless though, 100% worth it, as foxy said you'll get as much if not more damage from an msf1 in every situation without an immediate risk of wakeup.

Now, I don't have much info about proper inputs for 112ms, other than what I do, which is 112db2. It is very viable to 112db into a clean cancel, but I guess 112db2 is just in my muscle memory now.

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
It is very viable to 112db into a clean cancel, but I guess 112db2 is just in my muscle memory now.
Yea, 112db more than often does the trick. I actually found that if I do 112db2, I end up going into a ms2 like I pressed 2 twice, but I've never specifically tested whether this happens if I pressed it exactly as that, or if Iam pressing 2 twice.

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
I was playing around with this reset and I found a combo that's probably been used for a while, but it fits really well with the reset.

114, cartwheel kick, b2 1 f2 and the opponent is sent spinning, but doesn't get much air so you're put at the perfect height for an immediate 112 into military stance, but I think it might put you a tad bit far away from the opponent, so a msb2 or anything close isn't really an option.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
If you do 114 straight into cartwheel you eliminate the option of a MS mixup on block though and leave urself at advantage.

Slego

The Saltan of Salt
114MS, on hit you can snatch them out of the air with a B2, on block you have the option of either B4 for a fast inescapable sweep, Throw for an inescapable overhead, or you can F2, Which is they can jump out of, but the idea is that by then they have their finger welded to the block button, so you can chain a karwheel after that for a popup into more hilarity.

EDIT: And also you can pretty much do whatever you want after awhile after 114 because they are going to anticipate a mixup, so you can pull shenanigans like crossovers and throws.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
If you do 114 straight into cartwheel you eliminate the option of a MS mixup on block though and leave urself at advantage.
the 114 at the end of the combo staggers long enough to guarantee a MS f1 "I know you know this". What a lot of people haven't worked into her game is the fact that MS f1 is advantage which guarantees some follow ups. Most of the time people cancel into cartwheel after MS f1 because "it builds meter and chip" but the mix ups and follow up potential you are guaranteed off of MS f1 alone are very important to consider.

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
I don't think people use f1 as much as they should. Then again, I haven't seen that many Sonya players, but it is a damn good shoulder charge and covers a lot of distance in such a quick time.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
the 114 at the end of the combo staggers long enough to guarantee a MS f1 "I know you know this". What a lot of people haven't worked into her game is the fact that MS f1 is advantage which guarantees some follow ups. Most of the time people cancel into cartwheel after MS f1 because "it builds meter and chip" but the mix ups and follow up potential you are guaranteed off of MS f1 alone are very important to consider.
If you get a 114 blocked and do F1 it can be jumped out of, thats why you gotta use the sweep. Also the sweep is better for setups on block than F1 because of the pushback, puts you at a better D4/Divekick/Jump range

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
If you get a 114 blocked and do F1 it can be jumped out of, thats why you gotta use the sweep. Also the sweep is better for setups on block than F1 because of the pushback, puts you at a better D4/Divekick/Jump range
Ah, makes sense. I thought we were talking about a landed Dive kick combo, which is what my explanation was in regards to. The info you explained is new to me though.