What's new

Help me be a better player

Qui I know you're not gonna like this but these people are right, you definitely should master some top teir. It will make you shang game a million times better, having the ability to morph to kabal and spin right away is vital, as is kung lao to spin, and Nightwolf when you need to rush. That's the beauty of shang is you can wield who you want when you want. If I were you I would work on those three characters, Kung for defensive juggle set ups, night wolf for offensive rushing, and kabal for offence, defence, and desperation. Then go back to shang and when you more you'll be like omg wtf I'm a sexy MK beast.

mach1

Noob
I think that morphing with shang is a mistake. Use him for what he is. I bust alot of asses mid-morph.

mistaKM said:
Qui I know you're not gonna like this but these people are right, you definitely should master some top teir. It will make you shang game a million times better, having the ability to morph to kabal and spin right away is vital, as is kung lao to spin, and Nightwolf when you need to rush. That's the beauty of shang is you can wield who you want when you want. If I were you I would work on those three characters, Kung for defensive juggle set ups, night wolf for offensive rushing, and kabal for offence, defence, and desperation. Then go back to shang and when you more you'll be like omg wtf I'm a sexy MK beast.
I can't morph into Kabal. I spent an entire day practicing the morph and I can't perform it very well. Maybe one time out of 12 and definitely not during the flow of a battle online with slight button delay.

QuiGonZel said:
mistaKM said:
I can't morph into Kabal. I spent an entire day practicing the morph and I can't perform it very well. Maybe one time out of 12 and definitely not during the flow of a battle online with slight button delay.
Try this tap LP+Block twice then press HK. Hope that helps.

MOE30W said:
QuiGonZel said:
mistaKM said:
Try this tap LP+Block twice then press HK. Hope that helps.
PERFECT way to get it everytime. Moe is correct.

After much practice, I've gotten a good rhythm down to morph into Kabal and it's working somewhat on XBL games. :D

That little trick works, man. 8) I've started practicing with Kabal and Reptile. I can smoothly morph into Reppy and get in a nice little combo with his force balls(or whatever they are).

Thanks for the help, everyone! Got any Reptile tips?

QuiGonZel said:
After much practice, I've gotten a good rhythm down to morph into Kabal and it's working somewhat on XBL games. :D

That little trick works, man. 8) I've started practicing with Kabal and Reptile. I can smoothly morph into Reppy and get in a nice little combo with his force balls(or whatever they are).

Thanks for the help, everyone! Got any Reptile tips?
Hmm alright. Reptile tips. First thing I can say is make sure you read the Strategy guide for him. Alot. Very helpful. Second, take use of the forceballs. Don't be afraid to spam them. They hit blocked players so use that to your advantage. Remember how they can be released. Fast, then slow, fast, then slow. Know juggle opportunities for any way they get hit.

FFB-Fast force ball

SFB- Slow force ball

aahp- aahp, FFB, aahp, SFB, juggle.

FFB- FFB, SFB, aahp, FFB, Juggle

SFB- SFB, aahphp, FFB, Juggle

aaRH- SFB, (they jump over) aaRH, (hit SFB), aahp, FFB, Juggle(massive damage on this one because it's not damage protected and the aaRH does alot of damage.

Know how to use what against certain characters. Male Ninja Properties are good, except they can be juggled semi easily so watch for it. They have second best Roundhouse, Good Uppercut, average run jabs, ect. Know Them.

Watch for any opportunity to pop up, or run rab, and then try a pop up. Throw in a 3 hit Kick combo every once in a while, it starts off a knee kick so its good. Dash only when needed.

Invisibility ALWAYS. Can't stress this enough. Easily one of his best moves, and it's invaluable. USE IT whenever possible.

Just remember what to do in what situations, and your good to go.

lemme know if you wanna know anything else 8)

There's alot more, but I assumed most of the Juggle info is in his strategy guide.

Real T

Noob
Zel, did u see my post? U wanna play me in some shang matches? FR on XBL if u want... again, my GT= REAL T420

And I agree with one of the posts I saw: u have to be good with Shang HIMSELF as a character, not just morphing. But yeah, be good w/ everyone so u can CC if u need/want to. I play without morphing ALOT and own; but I also like to CC by morphing INTO the opponent and mirroring them. There's no better way to CC a character than to clone match them! :wink:

-unless of course its smoke/robo smoke...

Plus its a psychological mental game when your opponent gets owned by thier own character! lol Then do their OWN fatality to them! Thier OWN friendship if the morph sequence doesnt involve the BLK button!

People flip out when they are kano or something and I do the skeleton rip TO THEM as shang! so. satisfying.

Real T said:
Zel, did u see my post? U wanna play me in some shang matches? FR on XBL if u want... again, my GT= REAL T420

And I agree with one of the posts I saw: u have to be good with Shang HIMSELF as a character, not just morphing. But yeah, be good w/ everyone so u can CC if u need/want to. I play without morphing ALOT and own; but I also like to CC by morphing INTO the opponent and mirroring them. There's no better way to CC a character than to clone match them! :wink:

-unless of course its smoke/robo smoke...

Plus its a psychological mental game when your opponent gets owned by thier own character! lol Then do their OWN fatality to them! Thier OWN friendship if the morph sequence doesnt involve the BLK button!

People flip out when they are kano or something and I do the skeleton rip TO THEM as shang! so. satisfying.
I try to morph as little as possible or at least until the second round so I can see how they operate.

In too many instances have I jinxed myself by morphing when I would have been perfectly capable of winning without the morph involved. :eek: