What's new

Help...I seriously don't get this game.

I play most fighting games--I'm not tournament level or anything, but I can consistently perform optimal damage combos, etc.

I just purchased this game, and I feel really stupid. There are two hit combos that seem impossible to complete (tutorial mode)--am I being an idiot or something lol? With how small the characters are and how difficult the timing/spacing on some of the combos are, I cannot even imagine doing them in a match on purpose. I must seriously suck at this particular game or I'm missing something--any tips?

It's not that your stupid at all, friend. You just need practice. When I first started playing Street Fighter it was difficult for me to get two hit combos down too. A lot of games have different rules for combos like different time frames you need to hit the next button or set of buttons. Just keep practicing and keep trying to mix up the amount of time you use when executing combos. After a week at most of practicing for an hour or two a day, you should be good. I'm sorry if this doesn't help. I'm somewhat new to the MK and fighting game scene and I'm still very ignorant when it comes to this stuff. Best of luck to you in all of your endeavors in and out of the game :).

LanceMonsoon

All in on Johnny Football
Dude, don't worry about those two hit combos in the tutorial mode. I use Drake and Sly and can not hit half of them. In match however, I can hit 80-150 ap combos no problem. Those two hit combos are a joke in the tutorial mode. I feel it is better to just do regular training mode and figure out your own combos. I had the same problem as you when I first purchased it. Ignore the tutorial.

It's not that your stupid at all, friend. You just need practice. When I first started playing Street Fighter it was difficult for me to get two hit combos down too. A lot of games have different rules for combos like different time frames you need to hit the next button or set of buttons. Just keep practicing and keep trying to mix up the amount of time you use when executing combos. After a week at most of practicing for an hour or two a day, you should be good. I'm sorry if this doesn't help. I'm somewhat new to the MK and fighting game scene and I'm still very ignorant when it comes to this stuff. Best of luck to you in all of your endeavors in and out of the game :).
Thanks for the reply. And yes, absolutely, practice will most definitely help--I'm only about 20 minutes in :)

Dude, don't worry about those two hit combos in the tutorial mode. I use Drake and Sly and can not hit half of them. In match however, I can hit 80-150 ap combos no problem. Those two hit combos are a joke in the tutorial mode. I feel it is better to just do regular training mode and figure out your own combos. I had the same problem as you when I first purchased it. Ignore the tutorial.
Exactly what I was hoping to hear! Thanks for the reply. I'm going to try an build some of my own now.