What's new

Match-up Discussion Help Grundy to Help Grundy. Post your personal top 3 worst MU's.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
So how I hope this works is, you post your personal top 3 worse MU's with Grundy, why you struggle with them and anything you've found that helps in that MU. We all go over what others post, and offer any helpful tips and strategies to make the match up more manageable. These don't have to be his top 3 overall worse match ups, just ones you struggle with personally. Here goes...

1 - Batman.

Things I've found that help in this match are the use of MB-B3 as an anti air, really helps blow up jump happy Batmans, you can get a solid 40+% out of this or use an additional bar into a reset. One really bad habit I had to break in this match was trying to always D2 anti-air him, anti-air grab is also great but if you have the bar I think MB-B3 is great here.

The main problem I have still is dealing with his J2 cross up, anti-air grab is good, but the side it hits on is so ambiguous and when he uses bats as well this is just a nightmare.

2 - Hawkgirl

Only played a decent HG a couple of times and just don't know what to say about this match, I think chip trait might be the way to go as at least that takes away her constantly chipping away at you with charges and you can take your time moving in on her if she's air born but other than that I'm out of ideas for this match.

3 - Lex Luthor

Even though I'm quite familiar with common set ups the main issue for me in this match is his trait. I know GR can brake through but often Lex with have other things on screen to cover himself. Anti-air grab seems to work well enough against his J3 and wake up corps charge can be beat by quite a few things but overall I feel Grundy just doesn't have anything quick to keep Lex from getting all his stuff on screen, activating trait and then going all out. Containing him is very difficult.

There's my three.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Excellent thread title.
If Grundy does not quickly access the lifelead and activate his anti-chip damage trait, the matchup may become unwinnable.
However, if Grundy does obtain a life lead and put on anti-chip damage trait, the matchup becomes in his favor.
Be on point in the beginning, or else.
EDIT: TALKING ABOUT THE CYBORG GRUNDY MATCHUP, sorry.

Last edited:

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
I'll try to give the input from "the other side of the fence", as a Batman player.

Jump happy Batmans aren't, in my opinion, a problem from Grundy (after all, a good Batman isn't doing J2 all day like if there's no tomorrow). MB B3, D2 and the anti-air grab can deal with the j2. I know a couple of good Grundy players and, believe me, the only time I jump against him is a neutral jump when I see (or read) a walking corpse or the guaranteed crossup after a hard knockdown or MB Straight Grapple.

Your main problem is the zoning, as Batman have the tools to keep Grundy on check. Don't abuse Swamp Hands, cause a good read will make you eat a Straight Grapple, and we all know that'll lead into a big combo/reset. You have to be patient in this matchup and get close. I struggle a lot when that zombie is in my face, and if you get a hard knockdown I'm pretty much done.

So, in short: Don't be careless, bide your time. approach him carefully and, once you are cloe to him, unleash all the big damage and, if possible, get a hard knockdown/reset.

Last edited:

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
in no order
bane , his dash pretty much nullifies most of grundys game and his meter +venom specials are nuts ... you just need to watch his venom and meter and act accordingly defend for your life at lvl 3 every time u see him bull rush WCC will get u a full punish .

batman , i struggle against him badly cant really offer advice lol

people with parries disrupt grundy a lot as well : killer frost , zod etc if u read they will parry nj2 for a full combo , see what their wake up habits are

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
I haven't really got a chance to play high level players, and this is also based online where some strategies/tactics that people do online wouldn't be as effective offline.

1. Superman
2. Green Lantern (even though this can become A LOT easier with more mu experience)
3. MMH

Catnip_Her0

Burn It Down
I personally have trouble against a flash, mmh, shazam, good GA and catwoman. I also cant wcc to save my life to it would probably help if i could do it on a regular basis.

Golden Gun Fun

Zoned on a Tuesday
Black Adam- while ive been told its not too hard, i just cant seem to beat an Adam that just plays keep away all game with dive kick and the low lightning.
Shazam- teleport allows him to escape all my hard and soft knockdown pressure, a nightmare
Superman- nuff said

Klesk_1

RIP Grundy
Worst Matchups

Black Adam
Nightwing
Superman.
Deathstroke

Batman can be tough if the player knows the matchup well like ryumanjisen does. But they can't beat you easily. Whilst the ones i mentioned have the ability to beat you without even using a combo...

For all of you who consider GL to be an issue, well, once you get the timing of his air missle down, you can dash away and swamp hands him so he lands on it and it's unblockable. So they soon give up on that and the match becomes a cake walk.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Black Adam- while ive been told its not too hard, i just cant seem to beat an Adam that just plays keep away all game with dive kick and the low lightning.
Shazam- teleport allows him to escape all my hard and soft knockdown pressure, a nightmare
Superman- nuff said
You need to threaten Adam with Swamp Hands anytime he thinks about low lightning to lower the possibility of it happening too frequently. I play the Grundy/Superman matchup with my friend a lot and sparingly use Heat Zap because I respect that MB Swamp Hands can lead to 40-60%.