What's new

Breakthrough - A-List Help dealing with cancel pressure

ricky

Noob
okay i know this thread is mainly about playing as JC, but me and my mate (khtc Gazmo) play quite often. i've just picked up cassie cage - hollywood, at about the same time my mate picked up JC - a-list. so for a while all was good we had some pretty even matches, but then he learns how to use the cancel pressure and my nightmare begins. so i was hoping maybe someone can give me a bit of help, as to the best way to deal with it. Please my life depends on it lol.

kelevra

Steel cable bungee jumper
okay i know this thread is mainly about playing as JC, but me and my mate (khtc Gazmo) play quite often. i've just picked up cassie cage - hollywood, at about the same time my mate picked up JC - a-list. so for a while all was good we had some pretty even matches, but then he learns how to use the cancel pressure and my nightmare begins. so i was hoping maybe someone can give me a bit of help, as to the best way to deal with it. Please my life depends on it lol.
Its actually not that hard to block JC's pressure.
The general rule is that you fuzzyguard low as soon as you see a 11 string. Other than that you just have to block high all day.
It gets pretty nasty when your opponent is mixing in throws pretty well.
I, for example, have a dude in my friendlist who pretty much never gets opened up by the overhead or 113skrc and in those matches i would say that 50% of my damage comes from d4's, and the rest almost exclusively from pokes/chip.
I do get bodied by him 90% of the time tho because hes a better player than me in general and im to dumb to aa properly ;D

rafaw

#YouSuck
Its actually not that hard to block JC's pressure.
The general rule is that you fuzzyguard low as soon as you see a 11 string. Other than that you just have to block high all day.
It gets pretty nasty when your opponent is mixing in throws pretty well.
I, for example, have a dude in my friendlist who pretty much never gets opened up by the overhead or 113skrc and in those matches i would say that 50% of my damage comes from d4's, and the rest almost exclusively from pokes/chip.
I do get bodied by him 90% of the time tho because hes a better player than me in general and im to dumb to aa properly ;D
Your br right? if so, add me on psn: rafaww

On topic, i will break down real quick:
113skrc into 113: on block you can backdash, armor, or do a 8 frames or faster move between no matter what.
113skrc into Block: if you start to counter his 113skrc with armor/fast normal/move, he might bait that and cancel into block and be safe.
114skrc into 11: if you try to do something standing, you get hit, the first 1 of 11 is a high.
114skrc into f3: you have to respect that, or get hit by a full combo.
4skrc: pretty much the same as 114

Its really trick, but once you realise you just have to block high and do a slight touch in D when you see 11, defend his pressure becomes a little easier! Just respect what i told, once he starts to mix throws, there is where the nasty gets in :p

ps: D4 is a really good tool, if you get hit by it, you have to block his F3/F2.