What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Erron Black Help against Kotal Kahn

So I've been having a lot of trouble fighting against good Kotal Kahn players. Here is how almost every fight with him goes down. His d1 and low kicks are so fast that I lose in every poking exchange and I'm left blocking whenever I'm up close. He then jumps over me with a jp then either grabs or continues his pokes into his blade move (the one he swings from the top or the low into the ground one). Also his moving in uppercut move has so much range.

It's very frustrating. Anyone have any good tips or good match up videos?

Thanks!

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
Your f1 has a big range,use it,his jump in is useless against your d2,know that his pokes once you block them the 21122 comes out!

Thanks for your input.

That's the problem though is that his pokes are way faster than EB's. I believe his low pokes are 6 frames. This makes trading impossible.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Yeah don't play footsies against Kotal, its the one thing he wins at.

Things for you to know:

- Every string into special he has(except for b122 overhead) has a gap in it, which you can armour through.
- Every special he has except for df2 is very minus. I don't know all of errons numbers but if you can't get a straight punish of say the slide kick, you are still plus enough to put pressure on it. Just watch the bar, because on characters that don't have the guaranteed punish Kotals best bet is to get gimmicky and just ex overhead once he is minus.
- Throw a lot of sandballs and that string with the gunshot(or if you are marksman even better). Kotal is effectively useless at range and you should do your best to frustrate him into making poor decisions. Kotal's only way in on you is the honest way, which is the worst way.
- Kotal's only real wakeup if he wants it is ex overhead, so if you time a crossup right itll completely whiff and you get whatever combo. Although that said if hes cornered its not worth giving up the corner for.
- Also not to throw the guy above me under the bus but don't get too uppercut happy, if spaced right Kotal j1 will blow up your uppercut every time. Watch the distance he jumps from.