What's new

Question - Shinnok Help a poor soul, 312, what's it for?

CL_ZBFD

Sr Saurio
Hi everyone,
I main Shinnok, use all three variations, and don't really have a use for the 312 string. So.. what's it for? When do you guys / gals use it? I can't figure out the use case for it. I'd appreciate a couple of pointers to incorporate it into my gameplan.
Thanks!

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
I only use it in the corner after a B3 hits (NECROMANCER ONLY!) for damage...otherwise, no use.

CL_ZBFD

Sr Saurio
Cool... so I can stop fiddling with it in practice, thanks! Will try it out as a follow up for b3 in the corner, thanks!

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Isn't it used in Impostor combos after restands? Like Quan's trance or something like that?

I watch @PND_Mustard on his stream and I remember him doing it fairly often.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
It's his most damaging string, it just has an awkward hitbox which is why people don't tend to use it.
In Impostor you can use it after stolen restands for max damage back into Mimicry.
In Necromancer you can use it for corner combos to increase your damage output.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I dabble with Bone Shaper and actually really enjoy it so I wanna improve myself. Figured this is a good place to ask this...

As far as strings go for pressure and neutral play, I basically only use f41d2. It's also my go-to punish. I seriously can't think of any other string I use in any situation. Is there anything else I should be working into my play? He doesn't have a lot of strings in the first place and there just doesn't seem to be any reason not to only use the good one.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I dabble with Bone Shaper and actually really enjoy it so I wanna improve myself. Figured this is a good place to ask this...

As far as strings go for pressure and neutral play, I basically only use f41d2. It's also my go-to punish. I seriously can't think of any other string I use in any situation. Is there anything else I should be working into my play? He doesn't have a lot of strings in the first place and there just doesn't seem to be any reason not to only use the good one.
One thing that I know I should be doing but I'm not is, except when really needed, try to punish with 112 xx EX Scoop instead of F41D2 Hell Sparks. Does about 5% more damage.

F41D2 is too tempting because it's fast and it won't whiff on weird low hitboxes (1 is a high), but I think those 5% really make a difference.

112 ~ EX Scoop, NJP, JI1, F22Throw xx Hell Sparks does (I think) 35%.

Another thing that's beginning to annoy me, is when you do F41D2 on oki, if you don't time it right and the F4 whiffs, the follow up takes a long time to come out and the opponent might get up and jump out of your pressure, so 112 might also come in handy there.