What's new

Hello! =)

Rosegoddess3

Diamond Dust
Hey Everybody!

I'm new to testyourmight.com. I've been an MK fan since I was in elementary school, starting with the original MK when I was very young, and spending all of my lunch money on MKII and UMK3 for about two years in junior high, lol (I even have original copies of the cheesy MK novel and the Immortals CD). UMK3 was always my favorite, and I am getting back into it now after downloading it on PSN. I have also been playing MK9--I got a tournament stick as a birthday present to myself when the game came out, and have been having a blast with it.

I'm nowhere near the level I was in my prime (when I pumped quarters into the game EVERY day), but I'd like to start playing UMK3 again (and get better at MK9).

Feel free to hit me up on PSN--Rosegoddess3. I'm in a gaming clan and have done a bit of competitive gaming so my friends list is pretty full--please don't be offended if I cannot add back. I do hope to run into some of you online though!! :)

Rosegoddess3

Diamond Dust
Lol, thanks. I love that movie--saw it in the theater! I was living in Japan at the time, and had to wait 6 months until after it was released until it came to the base--I was so frustrated!

I've always been a Sub-Zero girl. He was my favorite in MK, MKII, and classic Sub-Zero was my favorite in UMK3--though I understand he is not rated well for UMK3. I had a jumping punch, uppercut, slide combo I used to do that was pretty effective.

With MK9 I have been focusing on Mileena and Kitana, though I'll always love Sub-Zero.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
nothing wrong with using a character because u like them, but be warned....subzero isnt exactly a-list material. At least not in mk9

Rosegoddess3

Diamond Dust
Yeah, I've looked at the stats a bit and saw he's not rated well :( I was really surprised to see he was rated so poorly for UMK3, but things change over time.

I understand Kitana and Mileena are rated a bit better. I used them a lot back in the day, and I've found some of the old skills are translated to MK9, particularly with Mileena.

I lived on Misawa airbase from 1994-1998. My mom was a teacher and got a job on the base out there. There was a bowling alley next to the school that had the MK arcade games, so I got to play during lunch and after school, lol.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Yeah, I've looked at the stats a bit and saw he's not rated well :( I was really surprised to see he was rated so poorly for UMK3, but things change over time.

I understand Kitana and Mileena are rated a bit better. I used them a lot back in the day, and I've found some of the old skills are translated to MK9, particularly with Mileena.

I lived on Misawa airbase from 1994-1998. My mom was a teacher and got a job on the base out there. There was a bowling alley next to the school that had the MK arcade games, so I got to play during lunch and after school, lol.
mk9 is a throwback to the early arcade games, thats the reason the character moves are so similar.

Dramatica

Forecast calls for missiles
With MK9 I have been focusing on Mileena and Kitana, though I'll always love Sub-Zero.
Do not be fooled -- your man Sub Zero is very dangerous in MK9. It's true he is not top and has a tough time with certain match ups, but once I felt comfortable with him overall I was willing to take on anyone....

Good Subs should be feared!

Welcome to TYM Rosegoddess3

Real talk though some warnings about this site:
1) There are a lot of people who claim to be "trolls" but most are generally just dumb. Try not to encourage them.
2) Most people on here (including myself) are a lot more friendly in person than on this site. I guess that's an issue with online anything, but it is what it is.
3) Please take a couple moments to read the community rules posted in the noob's passage subforum. If you follow them you will generally be loved on here
4) There's some bad information on here because a lot of people think they know what they're talking about, but only a few do. That is not to say ignore what people say, but until you have determined who generally knows what they're talking about and who doesnt you should test the information you are given.

Otherwise i really hope you enjoy the community and stay with us. You're joining at a great time when our game is growing and a new game is coming that will further energize the community: Injustice.

(also, i thought you were awesome off the bat because you were also an arcade kid :D)

Rosegoddess3

Diamond Dust
Welcome to TYM Rosegoddess3

Real talk though some warnings about this site:
1) There are a lot of people who claim to be "trolls" but most are generally just dumb. Try not to encourage them.
2) Most people on here (including myself) are a lot more friendly in person than on this site. I guess that's an issue with online anything, but it is what it is.
3) Please take a couple moments to read the community rules posted in the noob's passage subforum. If you follow them you will generally be loved on here
4) There's some bad information on here because a lot of people think they know what they're talking about, but only a few do. That is not to say ignore what people say, but until you have determined who generally knows what they're talking about and who doesnt you should test the information you are given.

Otherwise i really hope you enjoy the community and stay with us. You're joining at a great time when our game is growing and a new game is coming that will further energize the community: Injustice.

(also, i thought you were awesome off the bat because you were also an arcade kid :D)
Yay, another arcade kid!! :D

Thanks for the tips, I'll keep those in mind! :)

Edit: Yes, I'm definitely looking forward to Injustice!!