What's new

Hello there :3

Hi there, Im RhiffRhaff. Been a long time gamer, but only recently started actually getting in fighting games. Ive played Smash with friends since middle school but only recently (Im now in my late 20s >_>) have I really tried getting into the competitive scene. My partner is crazy good at smash and thats mainly what inspired me, haha. I also dabbled a bit in Pokken but it seemed odd(?) Anywho, been pretty stoked for MK11 since I saw the trailer, I hadnt played any MK since I think the first one waaaay back on Sega, so I figured why not try for nostalgia sake(and a reason to play my switch)? Now that I have been playing it since release I would say I really like it!

I was having trouble picking a main to start learning and was initially interested in D'Vorah but I couldnt figure out what to do so I looked at good beginners and picked Scorpion cause he is yellow (my favorite color) and must say I really like his fluidity. I feel like I have him down well enough and have been trying to break into others but I cant seem to find another I like. Ive tried Scarlet and Eron Black but I cant get into the right groove with them it feels. Im now eyeing Kollector but if you have any suggestions I would be glad to hear them. I will say if there is any truth to the Spawn dlc Im very excited for that :3

Last question I have is an odd one and not sure if its a bug or if anyone else has noticed but for Online on my Kombat Kard it says Ive played 70 games with Scorpion and have a 32% win rate. But to the left it says Ive only played 30 kasual matches and lost 9 of them so...Im really confused.

All in all though, nice to meet all of you and I hope to learn a good bit more about this game from everyone :D

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Welcome to TYM!

If you enjoy Scorpion, try Noob! His combos are extremely fluid and they look awesome. I’m having a ton of fun with him.

I think it counts your private 1v1 matches as well.

Welcome to TYM!

If you enjoy Scorpion, try Noob! His combos are extremely fluid and they look awesome. I’m having a ton of fun with him.

I think it counts your private 1v1 matches as well.
Thank you very much!
I've also been eyeing noob I'll definitely have to give him a go! He does seem pretty cool from the few I've faced.

I haven't had any private matches either though. I've played a bit of kasual and done ai battles, besides that a ton of towers of time. Hmm I wonder if it counts when I've used him in the group battles for the amped up character towers since it's technically online? Cause I have done a lot of those and lost plenty xD

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I pick a main based just on how cool I think they look. Shao Khan is by far the most fun to play IMO.. he is so badass and those combos he has just feel great. I would recommend him if you are looking for a fun easy to play character.

Yeah I like the way his moves have looked with the few I've fought. The little I've messed with Kollector has been fun. Once I'm done toying with him I'll give Shao Khan a shot too. Thank you for the recommendation :3

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
Welcome to the community, mate. There's a few bad seeds here, but all in all everyone is pretty cool. If you're on PSN hit me up. Gamertag is in my profile.