What's new

Hello Hello

Hey dudes. This is Matt/PLaying to win/Dr. from cleveland. I am active in the community and host a weekly gathering that has 50-75 people showing up.

Here is my issue. I really like this game. I have a decent offline scene. I have had some success in ssf4 and i attribute that to my offline scene and even more so to the level of players that i train with online.

MK online is so hard to swallow. My issue is that the game is so mushy online. There is no way to "become a better player" online. I played someone who I will not name though he has won majors and he told me... "well dude, u just have to learn online raiden and offline raiden." This is my point! I will not start to speculate on the reasons capcom's servers are the gold standard right now but for this game to have wings and make it through the generations (not like tekken that has averaged less than 20 entrants in the last 10 majors).. it will have to have some outlet to allow gamers to get better and polish skills. Kung lao is one of 3 players (fucking stupid) that can punish a sweep range or closer kano up ball... and online its not possible. For 20 straight games i cornered opponents and did continuous up balls and got 15 perfects. These were against players who placed top 8 at majors.

the fact is... i have a great offline scene but playing some of the best players in the country in a near offline quality server is what makes me progress.

Very frustrated bc i want the game to do well but I am going to go ahead and say it will not last 2 years with things the way they are.

I generally agree with everything you're saying.

Couple of things though, are you playing online on 360 or PS3? Because I've been playing on 360 since the patch last week and it's been pretty good all around.

And I see this MK9 as the first step in the right direction for MK competitively. If improvements are made over time to the onilne, the interest is definitely there to support the game at tournaments.

I think the MK Kollection might help a little bit as well, when we can finally run UMK3/MK9 together properly at tournaments and have a couple of games that have crossover appeal instead of trying to pull all of the SF guys into MK.

But yeah, if online was better, this game would be around long term like SFIV is. As it stands now, we're probalby looking at a year of big success, another year of lesser participation (maybe 50 or so in tourneys), and then we'll have to hope for the best in MK10.

i would agree that online "is acceptable" if you use characters that only utilize dial combos. Specifics links (like raiden 334, tele, 2 shock .......) the tele to jab is a link. when playing on connections that very the amount of delay, you need 3 -5 reps to adjust to the timing... by then you ate 5 kano balls.