What's new

Hello folks

Hi there, I'm SilentMage and I come from Italy, I have some experience with fighters as I have played Tekken (Anna and Zafina) and Dead or Alive (Helena and Rachel) for quite long time, even though I'm nowhere a good player as I tend to have a random playstyle and rely on gimmicks and character unfamiliarity. I recently bought a Ps4 and so MkX, and having little to no experience with 2d fighters, I kinda have no knowledge of the game engine beside theorically knowing what a safe jump, a negative edge, and other 2d fighters specific tech are. Now, in MkX I really feel attracted by Kitana and Mileena (Other than personality and design, their VA is the same that voices Helena from DOA whom I really love), but I also like a bunch of other characters. In fighting games, when picking my mains, I tend to have a "balanced" approach, meaning that I tend to choose a group of characters that can make learn any kind of playstyle( So, A rushdown one, a zoning one etc...). So, I want to ask what characters I should explore, considering I'm fairly certain I will pick Kitana and Mileena? Thanks in advice to everyone that will reply :)

Tekken is literally 1.4 million times harder than MK so I'm sure you'll be fine.

Also mileena is the most imbalanced balanced character out there so pick her.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Special Forces Sonya.
Rushdown, zoning, mixups.
Character unfamilarity as not many people use her.
Has some gimmicks, but also a lot of legit setups.
Very fun to use.
Give her a go, we need more :D

Thank you so much to everyone =)
So Mileena is kind of a strong pick, no?
As for Kitana, in a competitive settings what would be more viable between Assassin and Royal Storm? I kinda imagine playing RS Kitana as a footsie character harassing with long range d1 and lift, bit at the same time I find myself very fond of Enhanced Assasin Strike to escape/armor through setups and it seems that the parry could be very nasty cancelled into strings.

RyuuJin882

Twitch.tv/ryuujin882
Assassin Kitna is more viable. Assassin strike is good like you said. But also, the damage buff is a huge advantage. The damage buff will help you win before your opponent can get started. Momentum is everything in this game.