What's new

Hello, bonjour, ni hao, konnichiwa, moro etc.

ArcticTabasco

I wish I knew Kung Fu.
Howdy ho, Arctic Tabasco here.

I'm new to the forum here, but not to fighting games in general. I'm most versed on the Street Fighter side of things, but I've dabbled with almost everything since the scene started coming up again in 09. I don't play in tournaments (I'd like to, but there is no scene where I live), so my biggest "achievements" have been on the on-line side of things. (Though, to be honest, I haven't amounted to much - I was Makoto no. 102 in the world at some point, but that's it.)

I've loved MK since its beginning, when I was way too young to play it but did anyway, due to the overall aesthetic. I skipped everything after MK4 until MK9, so there's a big gap for me there. But MK9 definitely won me over in a big way.

Now looking forward to MKX, got a PS4 just for it and can't wait to get my grubby mitts all over it. If any Europeans around here are up for sparring at some point (you know, when the game comes out and all), I'd very much like to get in on that.

So, yeah. That's my way too long hello to y'all, TYM.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Welcome! There seems to be tournaments in most places these days, I'm sure there's gotta be something close :) check out the tournaments and events section

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
Yeaaah, welcome!

There were some offline sessions for MK9 back in the day hosted in Pori, don't know if they have anything planned for MKX. As far as I know their scene is pretty dead at the moment. There was an Injustice tournament hosted in Helsinki a few year back which I happened to win. There was also a small scene in Helsinki for Injustice. We need more Finnish MK guys in here. Me and @MK9-SnOwY will be getting the game on PC.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
I didn't know there was Tabasco in Europe lol Welcome bro, I'm sure you'll find a scene, or why not start one yourself ;)

ArcticTabasco

I wish I knew Kung Fu.
Thanks for the warm welcome :)

I'm especially gonna try to connect with the players here and get some (semi)regular training partners at least on-line. I've been lacking that the whole time, and it shows in my game. You can get only so far playing randoms.

Welcome. Is your PSN ID the same as your name on here?
Yes it is.

We need more Finnish MK guys in here. Me and @MK9-SnOwY will be getting the game on PC.
Good to know. I'll be getting the PC version as well at some point. If it's popular, I'll get it sooner than later. It all depends on how the port is and if there's action on-line. In regards to local action and all that - I live in Kuopio, so... yeah.

I'm sure you'll find a scene, or why not start one yourself ;)
Believe me man, I'm trying. :D Two of my co-workers are into games, so I'm steadily trying to coax them into MK. One of them I've seemed to have gotten through to, 'cause he pre-ordered the game a couple days ago. The other is a hard sell to fighting games though... But if I get the ball rolling and their respective PSN friends get in on it...

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
Good to know. I'll be getting the PC version as well at some point. If it's popular, I'll get it sooner than later. It all depends on how the port is and if there's action on-line. In regards to local action and all that - I live in Kuopio, so... yeah.
I hope you get it soon enough, feel free to add me on Steam already if you want. I live in Rauma so Helsinki was a bit of a drive for me as well, totally worth it though. If tournaments do show up in the future I hope you can make it.