What's new

Hellboy match footage

Sesal Snow

Exorcist, Demonologist and Master of the Dark Arts
Ok guys we need to start archiving our matches. Everyone should post their gameplay here does not matter what your skill level is we all have plenty to learn.
It will be nice for those who main the character and those who just wish to see how he is played.

I will start this by posting my first ever match I used him online against my friends Raiden.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
Haha yeah I am loving him so far.
We should get some games in sometime man could use the MU knowledge.
For sure I haven't fired up the game in awhile or been on tym but I'd like to play. I actually main GL now and will most likely be an Atom player when he comes out but I'm all for giving you match up experience.

Edit: is hellboy only available on Xbox right now?

Sesal Snow

For sure I haven't fired up the game in awhile or been on tym but I'd like to play. I actually main GL now and will most likely be an Atom player when he comes out but I'm all for giving you match up experience.
Yeah sounds good man as long as I get all the MU knowledge that I can.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I feel like his corner game is very Doomsday like. My Hellboy isn't good enough for me to put up full sets because I don't have the execution down to play him decently but the way I pressure in the corner is super easy to do. (ignore the title, I meme in all of my video titles lol)

Summary: Lots of grabs, lots of frame traps and lots of mind games.

Sesal Snow

Another long set I had with the mirror match, this time against X Lateralus X.
I am slowly learning this Match up.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Dab has a pretty awesome HellBoy so I thought I'd drop this in for you guys

@Sesal Snow

Umm.. Wow.

Some shit in there Ive never seen before from Hellboy, and some ssuuppeerr nice pressure and setup sequences, resets and trickery. He's really a fun character.. To each there own, but I dont get why some people see him as this boring, plodding, imagination-less design. That combo around 8:40 is so beautiful. Ive landed pretty much that same combo a couple times in matches and it never gets old, taking half a bar and change. I need to work on his, with the instant j3xGround Pound - it does even more damage than what Ive been doing.

As always, your Firestorm is bonkers man. Its always fun to watch what you do with him. He's like Hellboy in a lot of ways, very creative. Lots to do. Lots of choices. I love watching your vids, some amazing gameplay all around.

Sesal Snow

Fantastic gameplay, dude. Could really benefit from some editing though.
I don't mean, like, MY levels of silly edits. Just some trimming of the fat and such. But otherwise. Good shit.
Yeah I get that a lot I am just lazy and busy so I never get around to it. If I start getting more time I will upload more frequent and better quality videos but for now I just want to get some gameplay out for those asking for it and those who are new to the char etc.

Sesal Snow

Dab has a pretty awesome HellBoy so I thought I'd drop this in for you guys

@Sesal Snow
Yeah I caught this the other day. Dab's Hellboy is great its good to see another Hellboy use the instant j3 pound as and ender I don't see many other Hellboy's doing this. One thing I will mention is when a Hellboy does a block string into a leap cancel you can react to it with an anti air. I am not sure what would be the best anti air for Firestorm though I hear his d2 is trash maybe a standing 1 or db3?
One more thing how do you feel about this mu at the moment? At the moment I feel it's pretty even but I am not sure if its because people are still not reacting to the leap gimmicks. I guess I need more time to grind that mu.
Anyways thanks for posting this xGunshow

Sesal Snow

• Fixed my pc
  • Made the switch to ps4
  • Ordered and received my ps4 stick
So here is my first ranked session on ps4. Feel free to critic.

Sesal Snow

Thanks to Ketchup and Mustard we have some high lvl Hellboy gameplay footage of Dab against Burrito Vorhees. Enjoy.