What's new

Hell Stance Details

UghGetOuttaHere

Number Cruncher. Jack of All Trades.
I randomly got the urge to number crunch this stance. This is what I have collected. Feel free to add any relevant information that I may have missed.
My Notes On Hell Stance:

-Hell stance lasts ≈12 seconds
-By default, Heaven special moves will consume Hell pips. Consumed pips add an additonal 2% to Heaven special moves and are effected by scaling.
-Hell pips last around 8.5 seconds and expire individually. Applying another Hell pip (even if their fully stacked) refreshes the duration. In other words: after stacking 3 pips you have ≈26 seconds to consume 1.
-DB2 (Hell) is the only special move that provides more than 1 pip. Note: The pip count is not directly linked to the amount of hits that land. All 5 hits have to land to get 3 pips.

Property changes: The following strings consume Hell pips (when in Heaven) and have their properties buffed when doing so.
-F4,2,3 becomes a free confirmable launcher】
-B3,1 becomes a confirmable launcher [ExDF3 or Kameo]
-B2,2 becomes a confirmable launcher (free launch in the corner)

Safe Hell Dash Cancels:
1,2 (+1)
2,2 (+1)
F2 (+2)
B3 (+1)
B2 (+1)
F4 (+1)
3 (-1)
4 (-5)

Any thing not listed can be assumed to be -9 or more.

Last edited:

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
This is the kind of stuff we need, crazy it took this long for someone to put out this data

UghGetOuttaHere

Number Cruncher. Jack of All Trades.
This is the kind of stuff we need, crazy it took this long for someone to put out this data
I have to agree. This is the kinda data my brain craves & its been heavily lacking for this game. I could probably accomplish more if I didnt compose everything on my phone lol. I'm on the job though. I got a big data drop for Nitara coming soon, and some info on Quan Portals.

OBS|KH Rattlehead

Accessibility consultant for Mortal Kombat 1.
Yo thanks for the info! Great breakdown.

I never realized the plus frames she gets with those temporary buffs.

And here I am calling myself an Ashrah main lol.

this is an awesome data compilation. its also worth noting that fatal blow pops pips and returns you to light stance. what's really heartbreaking is that sometimes a max distance b31 pop often fails to allow my amp df3 followup to connect.

realistically, they are not the easiest plus frames on earth to enforce especially since they put you right up in the opponents face and the opponent can easily mash a downpoke in your face and beat everything but your own d1.

however if they play like this you can either immediately backdash to make their poke whiff, or cancel your ghost dash to bate them to whiff out of your range and then punish with a b3 or b2, or f4

you can also do freaky things like cancel a d3 or d4 into an empty ghost dash, and if they try to punish your poke with a poke of their own, it will whiff and you get a full combo. or if the opponent likes to mash when theyre negative you can do reversal empty ghost dashes to make said pokes whiff.

Her ghost dash is the coolest move in the game imo, and is basically what inspired me to main her. An amazing resource would be a compilation of all of Ashrah's flash parries. I have most of them memorized but im lazy and suck at putting them together.